I must say that I was thrilled to find this location. I needed to be in San Jose and my normal hotels were booked. At the last minute I found this location and was thrilled with the photos. The location does look as good as advertised and was close to where I needed to be. The rooms were beautiful, well maintained, and clean. Unfortunately, every time I needed some service it was horrible or non-existent.
I had traveled all day and wanted something to eat and drink. I went to the bar and had a seat but there wasn't a bar tender. I sat down in the corner and proceeded to read. As I looked up later on the bar tender was there but he was watching TV and never made any rounds or offer of service. As I got up he disappeared again. So I went out to the courtyard where others were eating, but I could never get the waiters attention. So after 20 minutes I started to leave and ran into the waiter. I asked him where I could have a meal. He asked me to sit down and he would be back. After 10 minutes he returned and I ordered food and a cocktail. After another 10 minutes he returned and asked if I could move into the bar to order my cocktail and food. Which I did and was finally able to order. The food was fantastic and they accommodated a few of my special requests nicely.
The next morning some friends dropped by my room and I ordered room service for 4 people. The wait was not long and the food was fantastic, but they only brought silverware for 2. I called immediately and asked if they could send 2 more place settings, but they never arrived.
I held out high hopes for this location because it is closer to the locations I need to be then my usual hotels. The beauty of the location unfortunately does not make up for the non-existent service. I wanted to try them again, but after a couple other run ins with the staff I think I'll go back to my regular hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a lavish private estate, the Hayes Mansion stands as one of the South Bay's most impressive and distinctive historical structures. Surrounded by lush, emerald green lawns, accented with gardens of vibrant, colorful flowers and guarded by towering palm trees, the 100-year old estate has been refurbished, upgraded and transformed into a luxurious hotel, resort and spa. The Dolce Hayes Mansion, steeped in tradition and rich in history, provides visitors with an extraordinary experience. Leisure guests can enjoy a walk in the park, working out in our fitness center, swimming in our pool, relaxing in the spa, or having a delicious meal in either our restaurant or bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dolce Hayes Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dolce Hayes Mansion Hotel San Jose
- Dolce Hayes Mansion San Jose