“Great hotel at a great price”

HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Sarasota, Florida
“Great hotel at a great price”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Booked this hotel last minute and got a good price. Apparently rates are higher during the week, and lower on weekends. My husband and I both really liked it, out of the 4 hotels we stayed at on our trip to CA, he said it was his favorite. It's a pretty new hotel, everything still looked fresh and clean. I liked the decor in the rooms, trendy and modern. The beds were really comfy, and I liked that there was good light in the bathroom, as well as a lighted makeup mirror. There was also a fridge and microwave in the room. The don't charge for parking or internet, and a big plus is their complimentary hot breakfast. There was an omelette station, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns, pancakes, assorted breads, cereal and fruit. As well as juice and coffee. Definitely a good find, and would recommend to others!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Enjoyed the Hyatt House. It's a Hyatt hotel with the normal amenities (good bed, shower, etc) with the addition of a small fridge and a microwave. Technically, the hotel is considered an extended stay property. Very nice bar with a limited menu. The breakfast buffett (normal eggs, bacon/sausage, etc) plus the addition of custom omelets is included in the room price. Internet is free and speedy. Free covered parking was connected to the hotel (make sure this wasn't just included in my corporate rate).

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor, but there isn't any traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Yorba Linda, CA
Reviewed 16 December 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights in August for the Junior Olympics which were held in and around the Stanford and San Jose area. I loved this hotel. The one bedroom suite was amazing and provided everything we needed as a home base for our stay. In the same center there is a huge Target with a Starbucks, Sweet Tomatoes restaurant, Chipotle, Panda Express, and Fresh and Easy market. I loved having a kitchen with a fridge, microwave and dishwasher so that we could eat in when we were exhausted. The parking is adjacent and convenient and downstairs the use of the computers and printer was complimentary so I could map out our games for the nexy day (although the front desk printed out directions for me when I was short on time). The included breakfast is really good, I just wish the person making the omelettes every morning didn't burn them. I did experience a problem during my stay but to his credit the general manager contacted me and made it right. That to me is the mark of a great hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Port Townsend
Reviewed 15 December 2012

The San Jose Hyatt House is a 21st Century hotel with modern amenities, stylish touches and excellent front desk service. Rooms are a little small, but well appointed, with good bedding, fast Wi-Fi internet, large flat screen TV set, and comfortable baths (shower only). Rates are reasonable for the area. Breakfast spread is good and includes omelettes made to order. Altogether a very satisfying choice at a good price/value ratio.

The hotel is adjacent to a new mall, and there are several eateries (including Panera) within walking distance. The location is not downtown San Jose, nor at the airport - one needs a car for mobility.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We spent a night there to catch an early flight out of SJC. The room was nice. I would have arranged the space differently. The sitting area was cramped while the kitchenette was ample. There was no door between the bedroom and the sink-closet area, so when one person was up the other was also. The bed was hard for my taste, and I like a relatively hard bed. By basically being connected to a strip mall there are no nice restaurants in the immediate area. If you are OK with Chipotle, Panda or Chick-fil-A you will be content.We had to leave before the breakfast bar opened, so we missed out on that.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick1027
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I have stayed here a number of times and it has always been pretty good. I had a 1 bed suite which had a kitchenette in it. The bar is always pretty busy, with a happy hour. The only downside is the limited food menu, however there are plenty of places you can walk to.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 12 October 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt House on 2 occasions, both layovers. The first night we stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and I was impressed with the cleanliness, the amenities provided & the great breakfast offered in the morning. On our return trip when we stayed for a second time we were upgraded (at no additional cost) to a 2 bedroom suite and got an early check in (11am instead of 3pm). Service was great and the rooms are super spacious, beds really comfortable, and location pretty convenient to the airport and various other places in San Jose. I would definitely recommend it!!

• Stayed October 2012
San Jose Marriott
#3 of 75 in San Jose
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport

Been to HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Property: HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley
Address: 75 Headquarters Dr, San Jose, CA 95134-1357 (Formerly Hotel Sierra San Jose - Silicon Valley)
Region: United States > California > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3 star — HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley 3*
The HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley delivers guest-empowered travel thru intelligent design, stress-free service and free-flowing amenities. Its 164 guestrooms + suites feature flat panel TVs, and MP3 docking stations while free details include breakfast with made-to-order omelets, Seattle's Best brewed coffee and WI-FI throughout. Sample small plates, sip and socialize at the HBAR or alfresco patio with fire pit and lounge seating . Providing easy access to Highways 237, 880 and 101 with San Francisco just an hour away. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.