“great hotel at a great location”
Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been in San Jose several times and not sure how I missed this hotel on this great location. I thought that downtown was a complicated spot to move around the Silicon Valley but I was totally wrong... everything was great, lots of cool places near by and great hotel which just went through a nice investment on their infrastructure and the internet link is not fiber so... amazing speed.. nothing more to ask...

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We're happy to hear that after visiting San Jose many times, you found our hotel and had a great experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback about our great location, nice renovations, and quick internet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to offer another enjoyable stay!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Of all the Marriott's I have stayed in, this was the best experience. The hotel room was clean and the wifi worked well. What made this hotel experience outstanding was the attitude of the people at the reception desk. Mabelle and Raman in particular were friendly and helpful above and beyond the call of duty making me feel very welcome and appreciated as a guest. I felt as though I was returning to visit a friend. I would definitely come again when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are extremely pleased to hear that you had your best Marriott experience with us on your recent business stay. Your positive feedback regarding our clean rooms and efficient WiFi are appreciated. We are especially happy to hear that Raman and Mabelle made your experience outstanding. We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service so we enjoy hearing that our employees were friendly and helpful beyond your expectations and made you feel welcome and appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future and offering another great stay!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The lobby of the hotel is nice and has been remodeled recently. The rooms are a bit dated, but in in good condition.

I am very picky about cleanliness, and the rooms were very clean.

The little market & deli in the lobby is convenient, but kind of expensive. While they say they brew starbucks coffee, they do not carry pike's place. The ham & cheese croissant is good, but it would be nice if they used a higher quality piece of cheese (looked & tasted like kraft single).

The location of this hotel is great for doing something downtime or if you are attending a convention.

The best part of this hotel is their recently upgraded internet service. Speedtest.net reported ~40mb up/down over WiFi on the 25th floor of a sold-out hotel. It was the fastest internet service I have seen at a hotel and VERY appreciated by a business traveler.

Parking is $29 with valet, or I was told I could park in a garage down the street for $10 night.

Overall I was very pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: A higher room has a neat view, but you can be waiting a while for the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of the San Jose Marriott. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it is an essential tool in helping us continuously improve the guest experience. We are pleased to hear that you were able to take advantage of our many amenities including the convenient market area and the fast internet service. We are happy that you found our lobby to be nice, our rooms to be clean and in good condition, and our location to be great. Thank you for staying with us for your recent business trip and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Awesome Marriott property. I travel frequently for work and thought this hotel had it all. Very welcoming and friendly staff, great pool and workout facility, and very nice rooms. Property was clean and well kept. I'd stay again and bring the family.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our great pool and workout facility, nice rooms, and clean, well kept property. Offering excellent customer service is something we continuously strive for so we are especially happy that you found our staff to be very welcoming and friendly. We appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you, and hopefully your family, in the future!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I arrived early in the morning, ten hours before check in time. I expected to check my bags and attend my scheduled meetings. The room was waiting. Similarly at Check out, things went smoothly.

All the basics associated with a high quality room were there. I did not notice a nit to pick. Excellent, but this is why I selected the hotel.

Room Tip: I usually favor hotels based upon location to my business plan. Then I go for assured creature comf...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your kind comments regarding the smooth check-in and check-out and high quality room are greatly appreciated. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be excellent and that it met your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is an awesome hotel. Very nice during check-in, I felt very welcome. Treated well by all employees. Love the location, close to lots of places to eat, few hundred feet from light rail station, and right next door to the Convention Center.

Room Tip: Rooms facing SW & SE can see Airplanes on final approach to San Jose Airport ... they come reall...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are happy to hear that you immediately felt welcome in our hotel and enjoyed our convenient location near the Convention Center, various restaurants and other local attractions. We are especially pleased that you were treated well by all employees as we continuously strive to offer excellent customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Though my stay here was brief, it was nonetheless satisfying. The hotel is located right downtown and is linked to the convention center. The Light Rail stops right outside (get off at the Convention Center stop), making traveling around the city and even to the airport (via connection with a free bus) simple and easy. There are numerous other hotels and restaurants in the area, too.

Check-in was friendly, quick, and personalized. The lobby was fine. The hotel also features a great 24-hour expansive gym, complete with chilled towels and fruit.

The room itself was nothing special. The bedding was the standard Marriott bedding and was - oh so comfortable - allowing for a great night's rest! I'm not sure if Marriott has changed their bathroom amenities system-wide or not, but this hotel did not have the standard Bath & Body Works amenities -- instead offering an off-brand, but still very good. The show had good temperature control and good pressure. Air-conditioning worked well and kept the room cool.

This hotel provided me with everything I need, and I would not hesitate to return when in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our convenient location, expansive gym, and comfortable room. Your kind comments about our friendly staff that offered you a quick and personalized check-in are greatly appreciated as we take pride in offering fantastic customer service. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to offer you another enjoyable stay!