“Lovely stay - great staff”
Review of San Jose Marriott

San Jose Marriott
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I had a great stay. The staff was especially attentive, and I thought everything was great. I normally don't sleep well away from home, but most nights I was able to get very comfortable and slept well. Internet was fast -- seems like lately hotels have been cutting internet speeds or charging an arm and a leg for the privilege.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate the time you have taken to share a review of your experience. We are glad to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable and enjoyed the fast internet. Thank you for your positive comments on our attentive staff, as we take great pride in our guest services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

There are newer reviews for San Jose Marriott

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is a hotel which is large (26 floors), downtown and part of the convention center. Thus one expects a good business class hotel with an emphasis on efficiency and a mass market feel. But this is a mistake. Yes, the hotel runs efficiently but the standRd of service I received was far above average, from the chatty hostess at reception to the wonderful young lady who staffed the 26th floor lounge. She loved movies and we exchanged movie recommendations, shoe showed me the best view and carried some of my food to my table for me! And the food at breakfast in the club lounge was excellent. No meager buns and cereal here but grilled mushrooms, grilled veggies, sausage and scrambled eggs as well as the usual selection of breakfast items. The lounge is well run, has a great view and an outdoor roof terrace.

The rooms are spacious and recently the internet has been upgraded so is very fast and effective. I suppose one would expect this in the heart of Silicon Valley but I have not found this to be the case in other Silicon Valley hotels. The rooms are quiet and all the usual 4 star amenities are provided. But is was the friendly staff who made the difference. Altogether, this will be my choice for a downtown hotel when I am in San Jose on business.

Room Tip: I am partial to high floors but I am sure all the rooms are the same here!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of the San Jose Marriott! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our food, views, internet access, and guest rooms. We are especially pleased to know that our friendly staff helped make your stay excellent, as quality customer service is something we strive for. We really appreciate all of your kind comments regarding our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next time business brings you to San Jose!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed for 4 days for official conference which was held just next door at San Jose Convention center. The rooms were cosy n comfortable. We had free wifi for corporate use. The rooms were quite old fashioned. Rooms of my colleagues had USB chargers when I enquired for the same I was told that they don't provide any n I need to buy one. Which was bit strange.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the San Jose Marriott. We are happy to hear that you found our guest rooms to be cozy and comfortable and that our wifi was easily accessible for you! You may also be happy to know that our hotel will be undergoing renovations to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your honest comment about the USB chargers. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

If you have stayed in different Marriott hotels you will no doubt agree that the hotels themselves can be very different from location to location in terms of quality and services. While I would say that Marriotts are generally of a fairly high standard and I feel comfortable booking them, I have stayed in one or two that I would try to avoid in the future. The San Jose Marriott though has to be among the best. Wide open spaces, great location, spotlessly clean, staff that just can't do enough for you and comfortable well appointed rooms.

But quality comes at a price.... I was fortunate that we booked through a bidding site and got a really good deal... There is no way that I could afford what the place is worth.. which could be another $200 on top of what I paid.

Given the location and market, I was not surprised to have to pay for all the extras... $30 for parking, $8 for internet, expensive breakfast etc etc. But this is normal for this type of hotel so I guess I shouldn't complain about that.

Bottom line... if you can afford it (prices vary wildly off course) then don't hesitate to book, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to avoid driving here, the parking is really expensive (re:$30 per day)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paul C
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience at the San Jose Marriott! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, from our location, to our outstanding staff. We appreciate your honest feedback on the value, and are glad that your stay exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, should your travels bring you back to San Jose in the future.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Fantastic location, beautiful Lobby with convenient Starbucks.
Room decor a little tired, but still clean and well maintained.
Valet parking steep at $29.00 for the day.
Hotel has onsite restaurant, very pricey!

• Stayed: May 2014
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share a review of your experience at the San Jose Marriott! We appreciate your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as it is a priceless tool in allowing us to maintain and improve the guest experience. We are glad to know that you enjoyed our location, beautiful lobby, and convenient Starbucks. You may be happy to know that our hotel will be undergoing renovations to improve the guest experience. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to San Jose.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Management was kind, facilities were clean and well cared for. Internet access super quick. The pool is nice, but I a bit warm and short for lap swimmers (15 meters I think). Will stay there again next time I am in San Jose.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the San Jose Marriott! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our clean facilities and quick internet access. We are thrilled to hear you found our management to be kind as we take pride in offering excellent customer service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have been in San Jose several times and not sure how I missed this hotel on this great location. I thought that downtown was a complicated spot to move around the Silicon Valley but I was totally wrong... everything was great, lots of cool places near by and great hotel which just went through a nice investment on their infrastructure and the internet link is not fiber so... amazing speed.. nothing more to ask...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Elaine A, Guest Relations Manager at San Jose Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the San Jose Marriott! We're happy to hear that after visiting San Jose many times, you found our hotel and had a great experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback about our great location, nice renovations, and quick internet. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future to offer another enjoyable stay!