Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 13 weeks for business. Overall it was clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. The laundry facilities were clean. The fitness room didn't have much but the treadmill was good enough for me. At the end of my stay I saw a roach and that was gross. They called the exterminator immediately and he came to spray.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate you letting us know that about the pest issue you encountered. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service and comfortable, clean place to stay.

Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to stay with us in the future.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We came into town for a business trip. We travel a lot, so I've seen my share of hotels good and bad. The area was so booked up, if I could have found us somewhere else to stay we would not had even checked in. The whole place smells of nastiness. I even had my husband take me to the store to get cleaning supplies before I felt comfortable to use anything in the room, from the kitchen counters, sink, refrigerator and the same with the bathroom!!
From the time we walked in the front Lobby door until we walked outside to go to work in the mornings I felt like we were staying in the slums, once outside it’s a beautiful area and nice neighborhood. Also watch their rates, if you do not stay at least 6 nights they jump your rate up, so $100 per night jumped to $220 per night, and this place sure is not worth $220 per night!! I was never so glad as to finally find another Hotel to move to!!! Also there is no desk clerk in the evening so I question the safety of being a guest. We will never stay at this place ever again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank K K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced. Please feel free to bring these issues to our attention during your stay so my team and I can address it immediately. Also, we do have someone here 24 hours a day, between 11pm-7am they are doing laundry but are accessible to all our guests by phone and are trained in all safety measures. To prevent this from happening again, my team is ensure our hotel is inspected for cleanliness every shift.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sso@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I knew the hotel was quality, clean and safe, but the staff was wonderful and accommodating to all excluding our dogs. The relocation has been rough on my family, but Extended Stay America took the stress away! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Tammy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to provide you with a "home away from home". I look forward to sharing your kind words with our entire team and to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed there for one night. The place is clean, a good sized room and a stove/refridegator -- typical of two star Extended stay America. They have a big parking lot and wi-fi included in the room rate. Overall, you can stay here for a day or two for the price.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Neal - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed having WiFi, which is complimentary at all of our locations. As well, it is great to know that you liked your clean, comfortable room, especially the kitchen, as well as our parking accommodations.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

I came into town for a business trip. I travel a lot, so I've seen my fair share of hotels. The room was not horrifically dirty, but the cleanliness was something to be desired. There was no worker behind the desk during the evenings, so I questioned the safety. The business I was visiting told me to change hotels, so I did. I will never come back to this location.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your (or our) expectations of cleanliness and customer service. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are double checking rooms before arrivals and also ensuring staff is visible at the front desk. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at sso@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

So this is coming from a college student's perspective so bear with me:

I moved out from Florida to San Jose for an internship over the summer and this was the most convenient location for me since I didn't have a car. The people at the front desk (Shantell and Jennifer among many others) are really nice and are willing to help people out if possible. The breakfast is considered to go and includes pre packaged muffins, coffee, oatmeal, and fruit. The internet at the hotel is a bit slow but it depends on what you need it for.. whether it's for pure business or leisure. When I checked in my room, it was very nice and clean and the staff there made sure to have everything ready by the time of my arrival. Going back to the helpful people at the front desk, one time the drying machines didn't properly dry my clothes and went to the front desk to see If I could get a refund. The person at the front desk volunteered to dry my clothes and apologized for the inconvenience. The only bad thing that I would say is the cost. For me, it was around $68 a night and because I wasn't getting paid enough (not their fault), most of my paychecks would go to the extended stay.. Overall, it is a decent place to stay and given the good customer experience, cleanliness of room, and convenient location, I would recommend it to people who need to stay there for a couple weeks.. month tops but no longer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing the best possible customer service and making your stay a "home away from home" experience. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

First of all when I arrived in the lobby to check-in there was no one behind the counter. I had to walk across the lot to the other building and ask them to call the clerk, instruct him to come to the lobby to check me in. The clerk finally came and was kind enough to help with my bags. Here's is what I found in the room: Dirty appliances, soiled bedding (I requested a clean blanket and was advised there were none available), smudges on doors/cabinets,a hole in wall with wires exposed, white spatter on recliner, dirty countertops and appliances, chipped paint, a dog barking in the hallway at 1am, chewing gun stuck on carpet, dirty utensils a window with no screen and the another window that would not stay up (I used my shoe to prop it open). The "gym" consisted on three pieces of equipment and the pool was closed indefinitely. The "grab and go" breakfast consisted of a packaged muffin, apples, dried up oranges, packets of oatmeal and caffeinated coffee and packets of Sanka, and cream. Beware.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Edenvale - North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am going to meet with my team and ensure all rooms are cleaned properly moving forward.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sso@extendedstya.com . Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.