“A place we sent our visitors”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I admit to not having personally stayed here. We have stayed at many Hampton Inns and suspect that our guests raves are all true. We did join them for breakfast one morning and it was a great complimentary way to start the day. It is an island in an otherwise not the best part of town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bay-Area-Grandma
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Could here TV, water running, suitcases closing in the next room. If that wasn't bad enough when my wife and I checked in at 430 pm we were told the king room we had booked several weeks earlier had been given to someone with a higher Hilton Honors rating and we had been moved to a double queen. Made us feel like second class citizens.

2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in San Jose. The room and linens were clean and the beds neatly made up. We actually stated two nights and rented two suites. We would definitely stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Clean and spacious room that was a perfect quiet place for business travel. Spacious bathroom, very clean. Quite spacious room. I was very comfortable. I arrived rather early the day before a meeting in the area. I was able to relax and watch TV in the room and rest. Lots of pillows on the beds that I propped my bum knee up on. Plenty of room for me and my copious luggage. Only drawback is the front doors are not automatic which was a little difficult with 2 suitcases.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Convenient to freeways without the noise factor, excellent staff of helpful and friendly people, clean, recently renovated, great meeting facilities, and good rates for the area! What's not to love?! When I first started staying here eight years ago, it was almost like I had the place to myself...which was wonderful in it's own way. Over the years, the management and staff at this hotel have remained constant and have succeeded in transforming this place into a very desirable and wonderful place to call 'home' when you're on the road! They do their best to accommodate reasonable requests from guests and are always looking for ways to make your stay just a little more perfect than the last visit...seriously. Did I mention the large shopping center located just one block away (easy walking distance...as long as you don't shop til you drop!). Lots of restaurants nearby, easy access to the freeways (but far enough to not have the noise), etc. If there IS a drawback, it's that more and more people are reading these kind of reviews, so now I have to make my reservations further in advance to assure my room availability! : ) Must be a nice problem for them to have!

A TripAdvisor Member
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Average quality hotel priced OK for the area. Very good breakfast selections. I had to check out at 4 in the morning and when I did, there was nobody at the front desk, the entire front lobby area and no sign saying what was going on. Waited until I had to leave to catch plane. No security, no service, no repeat stay.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Would not stay here again nor ever recommend this hotel. As a Hilton Honors member, this is one of the worst I have ever stayed at. Noisy, not clean, unhelpful staff, and overall stay was not worth the money spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business