“Noisy and nowhere”

Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Boston, Massachusetts
“Noisy and nowhere”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here recently and it will be my last time. I am a Hilton Hhonors member and look for their hotels as I am generally pleased. The good news is room was large. Very plain but plenty of room. The room was reasonably clean and check in folks were nice. The bad news is the NOISE! I was on bottom floor and it sounded like a horse was in the room above me. Also, if somebody walked down the hall and coughed I could hear them like they were in the room. The hotel location is in the middle of nowhere. I was surprised a hotel was even on the road when the GPS said turn right!
The price was also huge for the quality........over $170/night. I won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor will be less noisy
1 Thank greenwayboy19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Richmond, VA, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Very convenient. Great staff. Very quiet. I've stayed here several times and have always enjoyed it. It's walking distance to nice restaurants, shopping and easy to get back on the highway. The reception at 5:30 was well attended and well done.

Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed 18 January 2014

This was a very nice Hampton Inn in a non-typical location. Prices near ny office in Santa Clara were ridiculous this week; hence I wound up in the South part of San Jose. Would I stay here again? Yeah - if I needed a good deal outside of Silicon Valley.

Grass Valley
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on a business trip. Hotel is close by to a shopping center where I was able to pick up a nice take out dinner. Hotel lobby is very clean with upscale furnishings. The lady behind the desk was very nice and helpfull. The room was very nice for the price I paid and a very good value for the money. Very clean, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The in room internet worked great. I will stay here again next time I am in San Jose.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Corning, New York
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Seriously this hotel is in a really bad part of San Jose. The room was nice but weird (really high ceilings so it was loud, closet door hanging in a nook, no wall decorations). The breakfast did have a good variety but the hot food was cold. Plumbing was really noisy in adjoining room. Now we know why there were ear plugs (no kidding) provided. I reserved the room through Tripadvisor link and when I arrived the front desk said "I don't know why they let you reserve that room as it's not available". The front desk personnel were cold and uninviting.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank K W
Kahului, Hawaii
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My family and I loved this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, many choices and the coffee was always readily available (Which I personally loved). The beds were very comfortable and room was meticulously clean. I would recomend this hotel to familys as well as business travelers. There is a nice shopping center nearby with a Target and several restaurants. Will stay with you again when we return to San Jose in the Future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The room was very nice for a great price. I asked for extra pillows and got them without any fuss. I would go back any time. The staff was friendly. There was a power (possibly scheduled) outage just before I got there it only effected me because the front door did not automatically open.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family