“A GOOD CHOICE FOR FAMILY”

Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Taft, California
“A GOOD CHOICE FOR FAMILY”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Was a great room. it was in the location we needed and at a price we could afford. The hotel was very nice and clean with a great breakfast in the morning. I did not see a hot tub which i was disappointed in but everything else was good

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay here visiting my son close by in San Jose. The complimentary breakfast was a real bonus. The staff were very helpful and it was nice and clean. I would reccomend to anyone. I will stay here again when I visit San Jose.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Rancho Palos Verdes, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Excellent value - staff was excellent and facility was great. No better value in silicon valley. Not a great neighborhood but there are allot of restaurants near by and a Krispy Kreme. Very convenient to the 87.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My room on the fist floor was enormous, with a slightly separate area with a sofa and desk. It was so long, that you couldn't watch TV from either the sofa or desk area, you needed to be near a bed.

The room was clean and fresh smelling, I had very fluffy towels (Better than a recent Hyatt Regency hotel stay had!). The room had a microwave and fridge.

Only concern with the room was the thin walls & ceiling. I had a kid jumping off the bed for 20 minutes above me until I could no longer take it. I couldn't even hear the tv over the noise. A delightful front desk handled the situation swimmingly. Later that night, when I went to bed, I noticed I could hear TVs from both adjoining rooms. No problem, I just turned down the a/c and that drowned those TVs out. Cuz, the A/C is a little loud, too - but I find that a benefit.

Standard breakfast. I would have liked a second flavor of yogurt other than peach, but that must have been all that was left. Eggs, a meat, cereal, some unripe bananas, juice, you know what it looks like.

Unusual, but quiet area tucked behind a grocery outlet near a cemetery and fairgrounds. It was very convenient to my meeting and San Jose Airport.

I would stay here again (on the top floor) if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Grand Rapids, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel facilities were good, modern and up-to-date, as well as very clean. However, the key cards seem defective - easily erasable. I stayed in the hotel for a week, and had to have my key card reprogrammed 8 times.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Found that this hotel provided us with a nice safe place to stay. It's about seven miles south of SJC airport but an easy ride to get there. Close to shopping and restaurants. The room that we had was very spacious, clean and very comfortable. The staff was super and would not hesitate to stay there again in the futue.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be newly updated.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Leandro, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My stay over the weekend at Hampton was outstanding. When my girlfriend and I arrived for check-in, the lady at the desk was a little bit rude assuming we weren't new to checking into hotels. Otherwise, the rooms were absolutely perfect (great TV, wished they had a DVD player, but the AC was tremendous, bed was super comfy, very clean room). The complimentary breakfast was also enjoyable both mornings we were there, great variety of food and drinks. Yes I found the prices to not be cheap, but after staying here two nights, it was totally worth it. Never went to the fitness room but it looked pretty nice. Only thing I would've hoped for was a bigger swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple