“good location, good value, clean, comfortable”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Worked well for me! Good room and breakfast. Room was odor-free which is one of the things I care particularly about, and quiet. Very close to light rail stop. As others have mentioned "airport shuttle" is an arrangement they have with a local taxi company, but it works fine. If you're driving, could be different story - parking under the building is limited, apparently overflow parking is in the lot of the motel next door. I thought the location was fine - this is a little quieter part of N First St compared to downtown. If you're with family, I'd suggest see if a two-room suite is available. Not sure what the deal is with swimming pool. Didn't see sign of one, but didn't look for it. Once again maybe there's a deal with the next door motel ?

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Airport

Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed two nights there. It was a very pleasant surprise. Our room was very clean and well kept. The staff was great. Parking is under the building. It can get a bit tight at times. The breakfast in the morning was great! If you are driving, It is right after the Denny's and you can miss the entrance to the garage. Keep an eye out for it.
The location is not too bad. It is right across from the Lite Rail System.
The rooms looked as if they were newly painted and the carpets also looked new. The bathroom was spotless and big. This was a great place for the price we paid. I would stay there again.
The neighborhood looked a bit tough at times, but it is San Jose, a very busy place. Beside all of that, it is a great find with a great staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper level room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank digamac
Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night for early flight. Room was nice and price was good.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank notonyourlife1397
Sita P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciate the great review.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

For hundred bucks with great breakfast and COVERED garage. What do you want more? It is not the newest property, however it is in a good condition, great location. Clean and comfy beds. Breakfast at the second floor.
It took me to drive twice (night) by the hotel as there is no lit sign at the hotel side to point the hotel location. I was very surprised about their covered garage (free parking). I guess it does not fit all guests cars, but I was lucky.
Hotel room was quiet and overall we were pleasantly surprised. Front desk gall was so nice. I wish I ask about her name and send management some warm words about her being helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DZZY

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast and our clean and comfortable rooms. We are also glad to see that our guest appreciate the many amenities, such as the complimentary garage parking, the hotel offers. If you come back to San Jose in the future, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed here 1 night. Got a great package to the Winchester Mystery house. $129.00 that included to adult tickets. The front desk staff Gaby was sp great. I asked for the top floor away from any noise(i'm a light sleeper). Upon entering the room it was super clean and nice and cool. We slept very well and got up to a nice breakfast on the 2nd flood. The breakfast had eggs, waffles, sasuage, ect. Not just your basic muffins and juice. Great stay! The area seems a little shady but we had no trouble and we felt very safe.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The hotel's description of the airport shuttle service is inaccurate and misleading. They do not own a van to pick you up at the designated passenger pick-up place at the airport. Instead, they send a cab and make you wait inside a parking structure. At my arrival, they forgot to tell me where to wait, so I wasted nearly one hour waiting and talking on the phone to the hotel receptionist to specify the location. The next morning, I took their "cab" service to a Caltrain station. The driver seemed to have been in a bad mood and the ride was most unpleasant. I said "have a good day" when leaving, the guy just grumbled "maybe." The hotel is close to the airport and the price was very reasonable, but I still feel I paid too much for the experience I had.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank greenmonster18
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your airport pick up. Our shuttle service is through a hired cab company and usually there is no problem. We are glad to hear that hotel was a reasonable choice for you. If you come back to San Jose in the future, we would love for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We were here for only one night prior to flying home after a visit to Yosemite NP, and it proved to be an excellent choice. The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport (we had a rental car, but the hotel provides transportation via cabs), has underground parking (at no extra cost) and serves a great, hot breakfast with fresh eggs and meats. Although the hotel is located on a main street, it is oriented perpindicular to the street so noise is minimized. The room, bed, cleanliness and check in were all completely up to snuff. My only complaint was the high volume (on low cool) air flow from the A/C that blew on us all night long despite my attempts to divert the air with a barricade of cushions, spreads and pillows. This is a problem common to most hotels, but at least the A/C unit wasn't one of those that shut off and then came back on with a roar. In the final analysis, this was a minor annoyance which didn't really affect our night's sleep, and we found the Comfort Suites to be a a great choice for an airport overnight. As far as value, we spent about half as much for this hotel as we did for our Yosemite lodging (outside the park!), and it was twice as nice. This is, of course, not a fair comparison, but nevertheless, it made the Comfort Suites come across as a very good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple