Comfort Suites Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslight raildenny su turnflight was cancelledtwo queensthe breakfast areafree breakfastfront desk stafflevi stadiumair conditionerdecent hotelupon checkenjoyed my stayshuttlesinksjccouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Great!!! I called 2 days before trying to find something close to the San Jose flea market. Desk staff was wonderful i think her name started with a L.. She was friendly and so helpful with question about San Francisco too...The night of check in we were going to be late, i called again same gal she said no problem..The room was a perfect fit.. 2 adult and 3 kids..very clean and quite, breakfast was good the kids ate well...The only reason i gave a 4 and not a 5 is because of check out the little gal was not very helpful. Ask about direction to flea market she could not really help then since we had a great stay i asked about a Comfort Inn somewhere in Eureka she said she did not know and call the 800 number not as helpful has the first one..but it was a wonderful stay and that my only complain....

Room Tip: I really don't think you could you could get a bad room it is clean and quite
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary K
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. It's great to hear such positive feedback and makes the efforts our staff puts into their jobs worth it. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize we were not able to assist you further in regards to finding a Comfort Suites in Eureka. Again I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we would be more than happy to have you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose in December 2012 on a weeklong business trip. Overall, my experience there was just fine, and I'd certainly look to come back when in the area again. I chose the Comfort Suites to stay at as result of pricing (pretty good rates), location, and convenience - my notes are below:

Pros:
- Clean - I couldn't ask for more, clean floor, clean bathroom, clean towels, clean sheets, everything was clean.
- The list of amenities for this pricing of hotel was great - free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, mini-refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV
- Service was perfect - maids did everything perfectly and left the place looking spic and span every day.
- Breakfast was nice - not out of this world, but certainly a great way to start the day, with pancakes, eggs, other hot items (bacon, sausage, etc.), cereals, yogurts, fruits, bagels, you name it, and the coffee was great.
- As others have said, the location is great for access to lots of San Jose, no matter what you're doing. Right next to the airport (but not noisy), right on a main street for access anywhere around town, and not far from anything.
- Room was huge - this may have been due to inadvertently being assigned a handicapped-accessible room, but it was rather large regardless.
- Price was right - more for less money than virtually anywhere else in the city.

Cons:
- Either I or my company must have booked/selected a handicapped-accessible room. Normally, that's no problem, but since the shower was wheelchair accessible (no lip to the shower area), water would frequently escape into the bathroom. There was a floor drain, and the bathroom was rather large so the water didn't get anywhwere else, but it was wet every morning.
- There was a floor lamp in the back corner that simply didn't work - it looked like it had been beaten a bit, but I didn't need it anyway.
- Location - above, I say that the location is great, and it is. Others mention that the neighborhood isn't the greatest. I didn't find any problems with the neighborhood or ever feel unsafe, day or night, but: twice during my stay I found vagrants camping out next to or near my car in the first floor parking garage. As soon as they saw me, they left, but it was a little disconcerting. The management may want to take some extra measures to prevent that.

Again, a great stay in San Jose at the Comfort Suites. I'd recommend staying here, particularly on business for a low-cost stay that works.

Thanks for reading my review - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Jon

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JB24003
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotels accommodations. It’s always a pleasure to hear our guests have found the hotel clean and the service great. We strive to provide every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. I assure you I will have the staff monitor and address any unwanted guests as necessary. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience next time you are in town.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I would agree with most of what other reviewers have mentioned concerning the hotels room size, cleanliness and location to the airport which all are good. Also, the price is fine and I would say this is a good value.

Several reviewers have commented on the hotel's location being in a bad area. First I would say that this area is not really what I would call run down. The streets and most, if not all, of the nearby buildings are clean and look to be in good condition. I did walk about a block to the 7/11 store and passed by a few people on my way but no one even seemed to notice I was there.

Being located on 1st Street is also an advantage of which I wasn't aware This was my first time in San Jose and it turns out that 1st is a very major thoroughfare and is quite useful for getting around the entire area.

We did experience two minor problems. Like others, we took our rental car back to the airport the night before our flight. Since this was a Sunday, the shuttle wasn't operating so the hotel called a cab to pick us up and bring us back. The wait at the airport was quite long and when the Rainbow Cab did arrive there was a mixup about who the driver was supposed to pick up. Eventually, however we got back alright.

Also, we were given breakfast bags when we left for the airport. However, it was about 6:00 in the morning and we weren't quite ready to eat so we decided to take them on the plane. Since we didn't open the bags we didn't notice that there were two bottles of water which TSA confiscated at the security gate. This really is our fault not the hotels. I just wanted to mention it so it doesn't happen top others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mauigirl808
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thougts with us and future travelers. Feedback such as yours is a great way to learn what we are doing right and what we could be doing better. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel. We strive hard to make everyone's stay as best as possible at the Comfort Suites San Jose Airport and again your feedback is appreciated to help make us all the better. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

This place was booked to accommodate an early flight the following morning. This is a great place to stay if you have your own transportation as there isn't much within walking distance, but the room was clean, with sensor lights (turns off on it's own if no motion) so energy saving. Great airport shuttle service...we returned our rental the night before and though their shuttle doesn't operate on the weekend, we were picked up by a taxi charged to the hotel. Even though we left before the breakfast was available, they offered us a breakfast on the go bad with water, breakfast bar and a fruit. We would definitely use this hotel in the future for pre or even post flight stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank RentonA
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Comfort Suites San Jose!

We were glad to see that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. Although the shuttle doesn’t run during the weekends I am glad to hear that the Taxi service was able to assist you in providing accommodations. Our Grab-n-Go breakfast seems to be very convenient for the early bird guests, I am glad to hear that you were able to utilize that great amenity.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to San Jose.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

This Comfort Suites is near the airport and has a shuttle service. We stayed on two different occasions and experienced different services. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and had a small frig and microwave which was very convenient. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We had no problem on the first night and the staff was very nice. Our later visit was very different. We are older ladies and needed a luggage cart to carry our things up. There was only one cart and someone had left it in their room. I would have given a higher rating if not for this fact. The breakfast was also very good. The price is fairly reasonable. Another drawback is the seedy neighborhood with questionable people walking around. I was afraid we would not find a parking place under the building otherwise you have to park next to a very scary neighborhood.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends