“Showing it's age but ok”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 24 April 2013

The room we stayed in was definitely showing it's age. The faucet for the sink in the room (not the bathroom) didn't work properly, the ac/heater was very loud, However, the rooms were clean and the location was fine for my purposes (travelling to south San Jose each day for business, was travelling against traffic so no delays in the morning or evening).

A couple of criticisms. The pillows were poor. They were small squares that seemed to be made of a lumpy synthetic fiber. Also the breakfast was very basic. In my experience, these two things are consistent across the Choice brand of budget hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank peradise
Comfortsuitessanjose, Manager at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

I appreciate you bringing the faucet issue to my attention. I will make sure that engineering has the faucet fixed. Comfort Suites is mandated by Choice Int. to use certain branded pillows, thus we are limited on which pillow(s) we can use. However, we are getting new bedding along with 2 different types of pillows by the end of this year. If you should visit the hotel again I would love to speak with you on which items you would be interested in seeing on our breakfast counter. Thank You Sunil Patel GM

Reviewed 18 April 2013

This place is a good value for the business or family traveler who doesn't expect a lot of pampering. The service is fine, the rooms are large and reasonably comfortable with a minimal kitchenette, pretty decent hot breakfast in the morning. Kids liked it too, especially the small gym. I'd gladly stay here again if I need to stop in San Jose.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kbluck
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s wonderful to hear you had a comfortable stay and were able to take advantage of our free full hot breakfast. Our goal is to make every guest feel welcome and to do everything we can to provide the best experience possible. Your feedback is very important to us and allows us the information to be assured we are providing our guest with a comfortable and accommodating experience. Come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2013

We arrived at San Jose airport at about midnight and needed a place to stay before traveling the next day. The Comfort Inn exceeded all our expectations. It was very reasonable priced, convenient, clean with a friendly helpful staff. The room was large with comfortable beds. The free breakfast is in a very nice cheerful second floor area. There is no free shuttle service after 11pm (taxis charge minimum $15) but the shuttle service the next day to airport car rental was very appreciated. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SanAntonioTexas
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy to know how much you enjoyed your short stay with us. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service to all guests, whether you are here for one night or many. It's great you were able to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and shuttle service when picking up your rental car. It would be our pleasure to offer you the same great service the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The property is older and the decor a little faded. The location, while close to major freeways and public transportation, is not conducive to walking around. Those were the only drawbacks I experienced during a recent three day stay in San Jose. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom were very clean. Standard breakfast and good coffee. I thought the motel was a good value, and I would stay there again on future visits to the area.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in front subject to noise from fitness room users and breakfast traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank SteveExton_PA
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Great!!! I called 2 days before trying to find something close to the San Jose flea market. Desk staff was wonderful i think her name started with a L.. She was friendly and so helpful with question about San Francisco too...The night of check in we were going to be late, i called again same gal she said no problem..The room was a perfect fit.. 2 adult and 3 kids..very clean and quite, breakfast was good the kids ate well...The only reason i gave a 4 and not a 5 is because of check out the little gal was not very helpful. Ask about direction to flea market she could not really help then since we had a great stay i asked about a Comfort Inn somewhere in Eureka she said she did not know and call the 800 number not as helpful has the first one..but it was a wonderful stay and that my only complain....

Room Tip: I really don't think you could you could get a bad room it is clean and quite
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary K
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. It's great to hear such positive feedback and makes the efforts our staff puts into their jobs worth it. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay, I do apologize we were not able to assist you further in regards to finding a Comfort Suites in Eureka. Again I thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and we would be more than happy to have you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose in December 2012 on a weeklong business trip. Overall, my experience there was just fine, and I'd certainly look to come back when in the area again. I chose the Comfort Suites to stay at as result of pricing (pretty good rates), location, and convenience - my notes are below:

Pros:
- Clean - I couldn't ask for more, clean floor, clean bathroom, clean towels, clean sheets, everything was clean.
- The list of amenities for this pricing of hotel was great - free wifi, free breakfast, free parking, mini-refrigerator, microwave, flat screen TV
- Service was perfect - maids did everything perfectly and left the place looking spic and span every day.
- Breakfast was nice - not out of this world, but certainly a great way to start the day, with pancakes, eggs, other hot items (bacon, sausage, etc.), cereals, yogurts, fruits, bagels, you name it, and the coffee was great.
- As others have said, the location is great for access to lots of San Jose, no matter what you're doing. Right next to the airport (but not noisy), right on a main street for access anywhere around town, and not far from anything.
- Room was huge - this may have been due to inadvertently being assigned a handicapped-accessible room, but it was rather large regardless.
- Price was right - more for less money than virtually anywhere else in the city.

Cons:
- Either I or my company must have booked/selected a handicapped-accessible room. Normally, that's no problem, but since the shower was wheelchair accessible (no lip to the shower area), water would frequently escape into the bathroom. There was a floor drain, and the bathroom was rather large so the water didn't get anywhwere else, but it was wet every morning.
- There was a floor lamp in the back corner that simply didn't work - it looked like it had been beaten a bit, but I didn't need it anyway.
- Location - above, I say that the location is great, and it is. Others mention that the neighborhood isn't the greatest. I didn't find any problems with the neighborhood or ever feel unsafe, day or night, but: twice during my stay I found vagrants camping out next to or near my car in the first floor parking garage. As soon as they saw me, they left, but it was a little disconcerting. The management may want to take some extra measures to prevent that.

Again, a great stay in San Jose at the Comfort Suites. I'd recommend staying here, particularly on business for a low-cost stay that works.

Thanks for reading my review - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

Jon

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JB24003
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the hotels accommodations. It’s always a pleasure to hear our guests have found the hotel clean and the service great. We strive to provide every guest with a comfortable and enjoyable experience. I assure you I will have the staff monitor and address any unwanted guests as necessary. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a superior experience next time you are in town.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I would agree with most of what other reviewers have mentioned concerning the hotels room size, cleanliness and location to the airport which all are good. Also, the price is fine and I would say this is a good value.

Several reviewers have commented on the hotel's location being in a bad area. First I would say that this area is not really what I would call run down. The streets and most, if not all, of the nearby buildings are clean and look to be in good condition. I did walk about a block to the 7/11 store and passed by a few people on my way but no one even seemed to notice I was there.

Being located on 1st Street is also an advantage of which I wasn't aware This was my first time in San Jose and it turns out that 1st is a very major thoroughfare and is quite useful for getting around the entire area.

We did experience two minor problems. Like others, we took our rental car back to the airport the night before our flight. Since this was a Sunday, the shuttle wasn't operating so the hotel called a cab to pick us up and bring us back. The wait at the airport was quite long and when the Rainbow Cab did arrive there was a mixup about who the driver was supposed to pick up. Eventually, however we got back alright.

Also, we were given breakfast bags when we left for the airport. However, it was about 6:00 in the morning and we weren't quite ready to eat so we decided to take them on the plane. Since we didn't open the bags we didn't notice that there were two bottles of water which TSA confiscated at the security gate. This really is our fault not the hotels. I just wanted to mention it so it doesn't happen top others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mauigirl808
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thougts with us and future travelers. Feedback such as yours is a great way to learn what we are doing right and what we could be doing better. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the location and cleanliness of the hotel. We strive hard to make everyone's stay as best as possible at the Comfort Suites San Jose Airport and again your feedback is appreciated to help make us all the better. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.