“Another good stay in San Jose”

Comfort Suites Airport
Ranked #51 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was my second visit to the Comfort Suites Airport on a business trip, and as before, I'd recommend it to anyone traveling in the area, particularly on business. The pricing is pretty top-notch, and you get everything you need unless you're looking for glitz and glamour. My first review is here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33020-d240060-r156412075-Comfort_Suites_Airport-San_Jose_California.html

Pros:
- As before, the cleanliness was fantastic, and the amenities you get for the pricing is really good.
- The location is hard to beat - really close to highways yet easy to access, and is basically next door to the airport.
- Great free wifi - can't beat it.
- Breakfast is actually pretty good compared to many other "higher-end" chains I've stayed at. Lots of variety and very convenient.
- On-site first-floor parking - very nice, free access, and I didn't notice any vagrants this time around.

Cons:
- I saw less consistency with the maid service this trip - I'd frequently leave the room in the morning and return in the late afternoon to find my room hadn't been touched (no privacy sign on the door either). Eventually, the maids did show up, but I then had to leave the room while they worked on it. Some sort of schedule, preferably in the AM, would be nice.
- Also with the cleaning staff, the noise is rather loud if they are cleaning rooms nearby. Typically they would turn the TVs on very loud while the door was open and they went back and forth to their cleaning cart - not great if you need to get some work done in your room.
- I didn't notice this before, but the closets are very shallow - the hangers stick out of the closet when open, meaning your clothes are rubbing on the door any time you close it.

Overall, a great stay at a great price - and yes I'd stay here again. Aside from the few complaints above which are fixable, I was very pleased with my stay at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose.

Thanks for reading, feel free to contact me with any questions!

Jon

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JB24003

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We made two reservations for separate nights in advance by phone. We later had to cancel the first reservation by phone and were given a cancellation confirmation number. When we arrived to stay on our way home ( second reservation ) they were sold out despite us having a confirmation number in hand. So, late at night we were out of luck. Fortunately for us the pleasant desk clerk phoned a number of nearby hotels on our behalf and found the last room at the nearby Holiday Inn Express which was excellent but twice the price we had booked into the Comfort Suites for.

Someone there needs to take a hotel management program soon.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank star47
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'm a regular when going in the bay area.
I went to the gym, rather small with 2 bicycle, 1 treadmil and one apparel.
But, no wait coming to the gym before seven.
Quiet night and, again, one minute from SJC...
Small fridge is handy.
No great restaurant in walking distance, but plenty within 5 minutes drive.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank OzzyOttawa
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Good service. Nice and clean hotel. No problem at all. May be hotel might have parking problem if they are full. Breakfast was excellent. Clean work out room. Very friendly staff. They helped us with direction and other things. I am very bad with the name, check-in and checkout staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

We checked in and then dropped the rental at the airport. As the shuttle was not running they supplied a cab to collect us from the Airport.
The Room had 2 Double beds, separate lounge and work desk very large room, very quiet location. Denny's next door other eating places close by.
Following morning no shuttle to airport, the hotel supplied another taxi for us. Great service
We will be back again soon

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank woody666
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed in a very large, one bedroom suite with a separate living and dining room area, dining table with seating for 5 or 6. Room was in good condition, furniture was in good repair. Space and layout could be used more efficiently (there's enough space in the bedroom for another seating area). Make sure you schedule the shuttle ahead of time if you need to go to the airport - had no problems requesting a very early trip (4:45am) to San Jose airport. Only about 6 or 7 minutes without traffic.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank devm635csi
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This was our first stay at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. It met all of our needs and expectations for an airport overnight stay. The staff was very friendly both at check in and check out and the shuttle was very timely.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms away from traffic appear to be more quiet.