“Great nights stay”

Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great nights stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Picked up at airport on time and found the front desk helpful and effiecent. Room was clean and comfortable. Bathroom was also clean well stocked with fresh towels. Our breakfast was more than expected but front desk also had a breakfast-on-the-go bag for those with no time to sit and eat. The shuttle back to the airport was quick and courteous. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank punau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Just Outside Nashvegas, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed here two separate nights when flying out to Hawaii. It is a 5 minute drive to the airport. The shuttle provided by the hotel is very convenient. If the shuttle is not running they will use a free cab service to take/ pick you up.
The free breakfast is a good option. The waffles are always my go to.
I would defintally stay here again. Just know there are not many walkable options for food in this a area.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ROLLTIDE8401
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had a short stay 2 days . We got off to a horrible start. Called the hotel for a shuttle from the airport , waited 35-40 minutes for a small cab. We were not happy!
However, upon arrival the staff at the hotel was very professional and helpful. Our room accommodations were good, clean, and free of perfumed odor. The area around the area of 1st St. is not the greatest, but we encountered no problems in our short stay and didn't feel unsafe.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor and was fine. No noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Collingswood, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I arrived very late at night (3 AM East Coast time) so not a lot memorable about this hotel owing to my fatigue. The airport shuttle was not running so my cab ride was comped by the hotel. The room was dated but clean. I checked out the breakfast buffet and had cereal and headed back to the airport to pick up a rental car. The price was right for the hotel but would try to find better if staying at SJC again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Avon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was my second visit to the Comfort Suites Airport on a business trip, and as before, I'd recommend it to anyone traveling in the area, particularly on business. The pricing is pretty top-notch, and you get everything you need unless you're looking for glitz and glamour. My first review is here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g33020-d240060-r156412075-Comfort_Suites_Airport-San_Jose_California.html

Pros:
- As before, the cleanliness was fantastic, and the amenities you get for the pricing is really good.
- The location is hard to beat - really close to highways yet easy to access, and is basically next door to the airport.
- Great free wifi - can't beat it.
- Breakfast is actually pretty good compared to many other "higher-end" chains I've stayed at. Lots of variety and very convenient.
- On-site first-floor parking - very nice, free access, and I didn't notice any vagrants this time around.

Cons:
- I saw less consistency with the maid service this trip - I'd frequently leave the room in the morning and return in the late afternoon to find my room hadn't been touched (no privacy sign on the door either). Eventually, the maids did show up, but I then had to leave the room while they worked on it. Some sort of schedule, preferably in the AM, would be nice.
- Also with the cleaning staff, the noise is rather loud if they are cleaning rooms nearby. Typically they would turn the TVs on very loud while the door was open and they went back and forth to their cleaning cart - not great if you need to get some work done in your room.
- I didn't notice this before, but the closets are very shallow - the hangers stick out of the closet when open, meaning your clothes are rubbing on the door any time you close it.

Overall, a great stay at a great price - and yes I'd stay here again. Aside from the few complaints above which are fixable, I was very pleased with my stay at the Comfort Suites Airport in San Jose.

Thanks for reading, feel free to contact me with any questions!

Jon

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JB24003
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

We made two reservations for separate nights in advance by phone. We later had to cancel the first reservation by phone and were given a cancellation confirmation number. When we arrived to stay on our way home ( second reservation ) they were sold out despite us having a confirmation number in hand. So, late at night we were out of luck. Fortunately for us the pleasant desk clerk phoned a number of nearby hotels on our behalf and found the last room at the nearby Holiday Inn Express which was excellent but twice the price we had booked into the Comfort Suites for.

Someone there needs to take a hotel management program soon.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank star47

Travellers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'm a regular when going in the bay area.
I went to the gym, rather small with 2 bicycle, 1 treadmil and one apparel.
But, no wait coming to the gym before seven.
Quiet night and, again, one minute from SJC...
Small fridge is handy.
No great restaurant in walking distance, but plenty within 5 minutes drive.

• Stayed September 2013