Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
Studios Inn(San Jose)
The Row Hotel(San Jose)
Valley Inn(San Jose)
View Hotel
St Francis Motel(Santa Clara)
View Hotel
All reviewsrooftop barturn down servicewestfield mallrestaurants and shopscomplimentary breakfastnight lifevalet parkingsilicon valleylocation is greatrooms are spaciousbusiness tripthe san jose areanightlifebalconiesshuttersbellmancalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I'm a business traveller from Europe who stays in the Valencia about 4 times a year. It appears I can no longer expect the same standard from the Valencia that I used to, and I don't look forward to staying there an more

Here are some examples:
1) Bath tubs need replacing - they are stained and the enamel has worn down
2) Food processes could be improved. I found a hair in the scrambled egg one morning at breakfast, and my room service tasted like it had been left outside all day ( don't order the papardelle) and then hastily put in the microwave. It was dry and inconsistently heated - not what I expect from the Valencia.
3) Internet service very patchy - I could barely sustain a skype call

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay. We very much appreciate constructive feedback.

We will be taking a closer look at the bathtubs to ensure that all are in good shape as well as I have spoken to the Chef to maintain better controls on the food service. We are currently in the process of moving to fiber optics for our internet service creating more availability and more consistent service.

I am sorry that your most recent stay was not as enjoyable as in the past, but hope that we provide a better experience for you on your next stay. I would be happy to speak with you directly if you would like to contact me.

Reviewed 12 April 2011

I've stayed at the Valencia now over 20 times and it is still a pleasure to arrive in the stylish lobby. The rooms are comfortable and modern, and the hotel has a calmness to it despite being in the middle of Santana Row, which is a modern development of shops and bars. The rooms are a good size. The rooftop pool is welcoming although the hotel gym is too small. Breakfast includes complimentary hot and cold food, which is welcome. My only complaint is that I have stayed here so many times, but I still get greeted by a " hi, is this your first time with us!"

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I loved the ambiance of the hotel throughout. The courtyard off our room was really a fun addition. The location to all the restaurants & nitelife was excellent. We didn't have to use the car once we got there. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
HVSR, Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2011

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back often.

Please let me know if I may ever assist you on a future to stay.

Bonnie Best

Reviewed 28 March 2011

I am a frequent visitor to Valencia hotel and every time I am back I am more determined to come again.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The area is one of the best where everything is around you.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you for our kind comments regarding your stays at Hotel Valencia and Santana Row. I hope you will always let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

We stayed one night at the Hotel Valencia and had a great experience at this trendy hotel. We arrived early on a Saturday knowing we may not be able to check in but our room was ready and the ladies at the front desk were very nice and answered all of our questions.

Our room had a lovely view of the courtyard. The room had a very modern feel to it and had all the comforts of home. The beds were very comfy and I loved their big pillows. It was our 29th wedding anniversary so they sent us a bottle of champagne which was a nice touch! The morning breakfast was very good and the service at breakfast was excellent.

The only thing that we did not like was the very overpriced parking (valet) charge! It still bothers me to pay to park at a hotel that you are already paying to stay at, CRAZY!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple