“Amazing Experience!”

Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here for a friends wedding this weekend, and the experience was amazing.

Large room was very accommodating and had a great view. Didn't spend much time in the room so I do not have much more to contribute to the room itself.

The hotel staff does an amazing job putting on wedding receptions. From the great outdoor courtyard dinner reception to the indoor dance area, everything was perfect. Front desk was very helpful and friendly. Love the roof top patio area as well! A great place for a reception hour..

Location is prime in Santana Row as well.

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We very much enjoyed hosting the reception which you attended. I am so glad you had a great time!

Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 14 May 2012

This is a beautiful property. I did not find it to be too dark on the inside, as other reviewers suggested. The rooms were lovely and comfortable, with lots of amenities. I thought the front desk staff was superb. They were friendly and professional. Although it is located right on Santana Row (great for walking to shop or dinner) I did NOT find it be noisy. Note: I was on the 7th floor; perhaps a lower floor would be louder.
We had a mix-up with the rooftop bar with slow service and our order going to the wrong table. They comped it, though, so it was okay.
Overall, I have to give Hotel Valencia 5 stars!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. We appreciate your kind words and that you enjoyed you stay. I apologize for the mixup on the order, but delighted our staff was able to correct the situation to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have been staying at Hotel Valencia for 5 years now and absolutely love it. Our daughters attend Santa Clara University and have several events a year there so we always book ahead to stay at Hotel Valencia. The rooms are very spacious,the beds are so comfortable, bathrooms large, and lots of counter space. Efficient Valet parking although you can park close by yourself. The hotel has a magnificent breakfast included in the room price. The pool and spa are wonderful on the rooftop with large pool towels and water. You are in the heart of Santana Row for great shopping and lots of great restaurants to suit a wide variety of tastes. High end and medium end shopping and across from Westfield Mall. Easy access to freeways. Fun nightlife with outdoor music and interesting restaurant and bar facilities. Ask for a high up room with courtyard view ~ Absolutely our most favorite place to stay in San Jose, CA.!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid street noise with a courtyard view. Suites are great too! Also join...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted that you enjoy the hotel and Santana Row. I hope that we will see you back often while your daughters are still at Santa Clara.

Please always let me know if I may assist during your visits.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference. The common areas and banquet hall are lovely and relaxing with a beautiful courtyard. The hotel catering was excellent. The hotel offers a very generous complimentary continental breakfast that was tasty to boot. All of the staff was helpful and attentive. The rooms themselves are well styled and pretty comfortable. The bed was fairly comfortable and the linens smelled very fresh.
BUT the walls are very thin. Not only could I hear people's conversations in the hallway like they were in the room with me, I could even hear the closet doors slamming in other rooms. In addition, Santana Row is very lively until the wee hours, and I could hear everything taking place on the street from the 6th floor. One other nit-pick was the bathroom in my room. There was no place to hang my bath towel and there was no exhaust fan. In addition, the water in both the sink and shower was either scalding or cold.
All in all, I would come to this hotel for another business function but not on my own dime.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard-facing room for a quieter experience.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the positive comments and take to hear the not so positive comments.

The exhaust fan for the bathrooms is on the roof rather than individual noisy ones in each guest bath. As part of an upcoming renovation, we will be adding better door closers to assist in some of the door issues. We are set in an urban location and part of that is street noise. Being in active location can be fun but can also have side effects as well.

My engineer will be looking into your other issues mentioned.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

This is a nice hotel. The hotel rooms are well designed. The patio with possibility for outdoor breakfast in the middle of the hotel is pitoresque and the swimmingpool on the rooftop is nice. The hotel is located in Santana Row, so right where you want to be. Within walking distance (well you could even crawl) you have a number of different restaurants many of them with trottoire tables and an interpretation of a Southern Europe atmosphere. There is music in two locations close to the hotel during weekends. Not everything is perfect though. The breakfast is complementary, but lacks the abundance you would find in other upper class hotels, the gym is small and boring, and some of the staff have a snobby attitude. But Santana Row is worth a weekend, and if so Valencia is the hotel. The hotel offers Valet parking, but this is really unnecessary, there is free parking in the parking house on Olin Street 50-100 meters from the entrance. The Guacamole at Consuela, starters at Left Bank and Selfdesigned burgers at counters are not so bad choices. But you could also try California Bistro which we think has the best food overall in Santana Row or the indian restaurant Amber which has a wonderful musselsoup, and of course listen to latino music in El Jardin sipping on a classic Margerita. Life is good.

Room Tip: If you like to avoid noise ask for a room on the other side, and away from the bar.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Hotel Valencia and Santana Row. We appreciate all feedback both positive and negative.

We are always striving to improve and would welcome your suggestions on how to improve our complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast. Please feel free to send suggestions to be directly at bbest@valenciagroup.com.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I stayed here with short business trip.
It was situated on the famous shopping area Santana Row.
The shops and restaurants on the street were rather costly...
so I rather prefer the hotels on Milpitas or Santa Clara, since which have good options
to buy and eat as rather cost efferctive!
The room is beautifully decorated modern design, but it is not convenient to use.

Room; beautifully decorated modern design, rather small
Service: Excellent
Location: In front of the famous shopping area Santana Row

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Thank notsofreq.traveler

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

Yes, there are some more upscale shops and restaurants in Santana Row, but would like to point out that there are many more modest options both in Santana Row as well as at the adjacent Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Center.

If you opt to stay with us in the future, our staff would be delighted to help direct you to the various options within a 2 block radius.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

i stayed a week at this hotel whilst on biz. Overall, I found the location PERFECT - right smack along Santa Row main shopping/dining area. 5-10mins walking distance to many other shops and eateries.

Pros:
- great location smack in the middle of a busy shopping/lifestyle area.
- helpful staff - very courteous and prompt. I asked for a pair of scissors to remove some packaging and the staff were quick to bring one up.
- nice and huge TV in the room. looks like a 42" unit.
- rooms are quiet at nite (ask for a room facing the courtyard if you want a more quiet location).

Cons:
- my BIGGEST #1 peeve: the showerhead water pressure was poor. I asked the staff to check, and apparently this was normal. For the upscale price per room, I expected much better water pressure for a hot shower.

- disappointed at the poor breakfast spread (it was always the same: scrambled eggs/bacons/muffins/toast/cereal). was expecting a wider spread.

- newspapers were avail at the lobby but not delivered to the room. would have been a nice touch if I got a morning paper under my door every day.

- no electric kettle in the room (I suppose I could have asked for one, but I didn't).

Overall, a great boutique hotel with a touch of class and elegance. The location and service trumps it all.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room facing courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide both positive and negative feedback on your recent stay.

We are looking into improving the shower heads later this year.

As the breakfast is a Deluxe Continental Breakfast, we have included a wide variety of items. Additional items are available on an a la carte menu. If there are Continental Breakfast items, that you can suggest, we are alway open to ideas.

We do not deliver daily newspapers to the rooms, as we received many complaints regarding the environmental waste that is created and that many did not read the papers. We are happy to deliver a daily paper if you advise the front desk that you would like one.

We would be happy to deliver a kettle to your room upon request.

We do appreciate your feedback and take it seriously. Thank you.