“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Vancouver, Canada
“Very comfortable stay”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We needed somewhere to stay to breakup the drive from Cambria north to Jenner and decided on San Jose, having just been in San Francisco. We thought it might be interesting to see the other end of the bay area. It was a Saturday night. Big mistake. I was very underwhelmed by Santana Row and it's clientele, as well as our treatment by a number of restaurant staff for the heinous crime of not having booked a table! If I had known, I would have steered clear of the whole area!
Nevertheless, the Hotel Valencia was very cool, with a large room and a big, comfortable bed. The breakfast was very good, and got us a long way on day of driving the following day.
The valet service was prompt and friendly, as were all the staff we encountered. If I ever HAVE to go back to San Jose, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed the hotel. If you should have an opportunity to visit San Jose again, we hope we will be your hotel of choice.

Cordially, Bonnie Best

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Great location; culinary treats included in morning breakfast buffet which are generous offerings for a continental fare. Front desk staff are ambassadors to community & shops of Santana Row.
Hotel lounge could stay open later & bartender more accommodating - valets are eager to provide stellar service

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We are very happy you enjoyed the hotel and the area.

The hotel lounge does stay open as last is allowed by law on Thursday through Saturday. Due to business demand, it does close earlier other days.

Again, thank you.
Bonnie Best, General Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 December 2012 via mobile

This is my second time staying at Hotel Valencia and I am in love! Right upon check in because we signed up for their free Valencia club we received a complimentary bottle of red wine along with two free drink cards for the popular bar downstairs!! The room is clean and cozy with a comfy bed and flat screen tv. The breakfast buffet is DELICIOUS with fruit, eggs, muffins, oatmeal, toast, tea, coffee everything one can ask for!!! They also give you complimentary newspapers like the wall st journal which my boyfriend LOVED! the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. I am soooo happy with this hotel and everytime I come to San Jose to visit my family I am staying right here!!

P.S- the location is amaaazing right at the heart of Santana Row!!!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We hope you will be back often!

Cordially, Bonnie Best, General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I can not comment on the quality of Hotel Valencia since I cancelled my reservations due to changes in business plans. However, although I was assured that the rooms had been refunded, my credit card account was DOUBLE charged for the room, front desk staff say their systems show we checked in, and managers never return calls. I have never had such a terrible experience with ANY hotel's customer service. STAY AWAY!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
I am sorry that you felt our staff did not respond to your situation well. In researching the information that is provided on your comment as well as date of stay/name, it would appear your reservations were made with Expedia which would have been responsible for determining any refund. If that is not the case, I would be happy to review the circumstances with you.

Cordially,

Bonnie Best, General Manager
Reviewed 9 December 2012 via mobile

Attending a business meeting, this venue was in a perfect location. The quaint streets with fine dining, live music, and high end shopping make this location spectacular.

The hotel property is uniquely located, surrounding an elegant courtyard. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Morning buffet is well suited for most diets.

I would have no reservations retiring to the same location the next time I visit San Jose.

• Stayed November 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Right in the middle of the "European-looking shopping district" (and I thought I flew 12 hours to be in the US?)... It's a cozy environment, the hotel looks nicely, rooms pretty big. Pretty good breakfast, roomservice also OK, food is not unhealthy like in many other places. Bar with balcony/terrace that overlooks the street, nicely done, service varies a bit from day to day. The beds are a bit too high and too soft for my opinion.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Although I am originally from the Bay area, I had never stayed at this hotel. I came back for a 3-day work meeting that was being hosted at the Hotel Valencia in Santana Row. When I arrived to my room the lights were on (as it would be for a turn down kind of service) and the room was so incredibly inviting and comfortable. It made you feel as if I was at a secluded resort somewhere, not in the middle of Silicon Valley. The staff here is incredibly friendly and willing to do anything to accommodate their guests and improve your stay. I can only hope I have the opportunity to stay here again as I loved it! I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business