“Romantic getaway”

Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Francisco, California
“Romantic getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Love staying here. Easy, convenient, great location!
We stay here about 4-6 times a year for a weekend getaway and hands down almost always choose this location / hotel. We've done the Napa thing and all that fun stuff but this hotel is in the middle of everything (eg walk everywhere - no driving!).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your enjoyment of Hotel Valencia and Santana Row. Since you mentioned that you come often, I hope you have signed up for our frequent guest recognition program, Valencia VVIP.

Bonnie Best

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had an great time with my friends at the hotel. The food and shopping that's walking distance was a huge plus! The restaurant and bars in the hotel were awesome and had a great crowd. Make sure you book an appointment at the spa.

• Stayed November 2013
Delighted that you enjoyed our stay at Hotel Valencia and the surrounding Santana Row area. We hope you will have an opportunity to return!

Cordially,
Bonnie Best
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

I wish I would have stayed longer! I was in town for meetings which were actually held at the hotel, so I literally did not leave the hotel for 2 straight days. I enjoyed every minute though! The rooms are spacious and well stocked, the towels are super soft, and beds super cozy. The courtyard provided wonderful sun and fresh air during meeting breaks, and the bar was always ready for our crew when the day was done.
It's probably a good thing I was so scheduled because had I had time to get out I could have done major damage with all the shopping and dining right outside the hotel doors.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel Valencia. We hope your group will be back for another meeting soon!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I am in love with the Hotel Valencia. I am a native of San Jose, who has lived in the central valley for the past decade. I had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel Valencia last weekend for a quick girl's trip and I will be back. It was trendy, beautiful, quite, spacious. I was in awe.

The next time I will stay more than one night so that I can really experience all that the hotel has to offer!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely comments! We have many "local" guests and very much appreciate that you choose Hotel Valencia and Santana Row.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Disconcerting when you return to your room in the evening and housekeeping failed to close the door all the way. Not cool at all! Got an apology, but that's it. Have stayed literally hundreds of hotel nights around the world and never once had that happen. Bad, bad, bad.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HVSR, Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking my call and once again, I do offer my apology. I hope that we will have an opportunity to have you as our guest in December. Please contact me directly as we discussed.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I checked in on October 13, anxiously awaiting the birth of our 10th grandchild, fortunately he was born on the 15th. The night of the 14th, our daughter called to say she was on her way to the hospital. I called the front desk and asked for a taxi to Stanford Hospital, after asking if we were okay, he said he would call for a taxi, within 2 minutes he called back and said the taxi was there. This is only one example of the kindness and professionalism of the staff. We stayed at this hotel until the 24th of October. Our suite was spacious, clean and had a wonderful comfy bed. We overlooked Santana Row, which was amazing! Fantastic shopping, restaurants and fun atmosphere. We would most definitely stay there again! Also, beautiful pool!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Congratulations on your new grandson! Thank you for selecting Hotel Valencia for your hotel while in the area for this special event. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to have you back to visit your newest family member.
dcorry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have been staying at the Hotel Valencia for the past 8 years and it has consistently exceeded my expectations. Its become my home away from home as I travel to San Jose 2 times per month.
The staff is excellent, the rooms are spacious, the pool is heavenly and to top it all off, a great breakfast is included every morning. Free wifi and free self parking make this the perfect spot for business travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We appreciate your feedback, especially has you have been able to experience the hotel over many years.

We hope that you will like the new look that is coming to the hotel starting November and will be completed in February.