“Clean” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Houston, Texas
“Clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Its Clean and kept up, Staff were friendly and Rooms are clean. Bed is comfy and Location is perfect. What I like the most is the fact that I did not have to talk to any one for anything, they all did their job and there was no need fro extra requests

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive impression of Hotel Valencia! Hope to see you back often.

Cordially, Bonnie Best, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Sometimes you don't have time to fly to a romantic destination but still want to getaway. The Hotel Valencia is located in Santana Row, San Jose close to shopping, restaurants, hot tub and spa. If you want to getaway for the weekend, the Hotel Valencia is the place to go. They have a great bar on the 3rd floor with a private niche sitting area just off the business center. Romantic and cozy. We have stayed here before and will return soon.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony facing the parking garage. It was fairly quiet until the bars let out...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason M
Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Hotel Valencia! We will soon have two of the niches off the lobby that you mentioned (by the end of April). Hope you will return to see the new updated lobby area that go along with our newly renovated guest rooms.

Bonnie Best, General Manager
Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

a) I requested for a room for disabilities, which I didnt get
b) I got a "Welcome back" message in my room with 2 oranges, this is the first time I use this hotel, you made me feel that you assigned to me the wrong room or that you didnt care about
c) I take my time to walk and since you have no telephone on the bedtable, I had to walk to answer the phone and I missed some calls
d) I had some things from the minibar, the hotel never noticed, never got the minibar replenished, didnt charge for the Pringles I had on my first week of stay
e) I used your laundry service and never got the plastic bag and price list replenished again
f) It is impossible to get a dark room in the mornings, this wooden shades allow a lot of light thru
g) There is always some cold wind getting thru the wooden shades, very uncomfortable
h) The TV remote control doesnt allow to "Sleep"
i) Once I found my room door open, Security officer knew about this
j) Probable the most annoying thing about the hotel is being a guest during weekends... My room faced the patio and it was until very very late since I could sleep since you allow your bar guests to be around drinking and laughing. Terrible experience!

Room Tip: Never stay at this hotel on weekends!!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GabyUMexico City
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for providing very constructive feedback on your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that our service and facilities were not what they should have been.

Your comments will be reviewed and corrections in facilities made where possible and service issues used for training.

Again, I apologize and would like to have the opportunity to provide you with the experience you should have had on your first visit.

Bonnie Best
Manteca, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night of our wedding
July 20, 2013

we had such a wonderful experience.
Location: is wonderful simply because of the luxurious Santana Row
and the hotel was very well hidden it feels like your in your own world.
Everything costs money and there will always be hidden tax that should be no surprise to anyone lol
The rooms were spotless clean
the bedding material felt fresh and smelled clean
the simple decor in the room was so relaxing we had a full view of the pull it was so lovely.

Their morning room service breakfast was exquisite very well worth $50

we were late to leave our room by a few minutes and were charged a late fee even though I called and notified them we would be a few minutes late and literally 15 minutes later a late fee pops up on my credit card transaction notification.

That was a bit disappointing

but overall my husband and I can not wait to come back to what will be our anniversary tradition :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivon C
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay for your wedding night. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope your will return soon for your first anniversary.

Cordially, Bonnie Best, General Manaer
Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

The Valencia is a great place to stay when on business in the San Jose area. Nice to have so many bars and restaurant options on your door step and the Westfield Valley Fair at the end of the road. The newly refurbished rooms are a big improvement - much more light and airy and not as dark as the old rooms. Only downsides are the small fitness room which always very busy first thing of a morning so be prepared to wait, and the sometimes bizarre security policy of the hotel - forced to show your room keys to get into the hotel and passed reception on a Thursday night to prove that you're staying at the hotel, but then awoken by drunks trying to get into your room on a Friday night when security is no where to be seen.

1 Thank lovethesun2009
Thank you for sharing your experience and impressions of our new rooms. I apologize that you were inconvenienced by noisy guests. We do have security available to manage guests who get a little rambunctious but obviously missed your neighbors and I apologize for that.

Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Greatly enjoyed my short stay at the Valencia while in San Jose for the Strata Conference... we booked the conference late and it was nice to find a clean / pleasant hotel with a reasonable rate. Also took advantage of the location for entertaining / business dinners.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and very much appreciate that you took the time to share your experience.

Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

The staff makes this hotel special. Monica, Stephanie, Mark, Anthony, ...all the staff have been more than pleasant each trip I have made.

Hotel Valencia is a hidden gem in san Jose. I head to California for business roughly once a quarter and have my choice of hotels for the week. After my first stay in Valencia, I have made a reservation to stay each time I am in the city.

Valencia is in the heart of Santana Row, the one bright spot in an otherwise ordinary town. Great food, fun, and shopping nearby. 5 minutes door-to-door from the airport (without any airport traffic or noise) and 10-15 minutes from any major business in the area.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: there are several balcony rooms in the hotel. My personal favorites are balcony rooms that overlook...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Valencia and Santana Row. I will be happy to share your comments with our associates, but particularly the mentioned by name.

Please always let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay even better!

Bonnie Best, General Manager