“Always a great experience”

Hotel Valencia - Santana Row
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have stayed here several times for business. My last trip in June 2014 was another good one. I thought the renovations were very well done. Rooms are spacious and clean. Beds are very comfortable. In the past, I wasn't crazy about the breakfast buffet. However, we had all of our meals catered this time (in meeting rooms), and everything was delicious. I love the bar at night, especially the small balcony area overlooking Santana Row. The location is fantastic - Santana Row is a great area with all of the shops, restaurants and people watching. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am very happy that you like the new look.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Valencia - Santana Row

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at with your significant other or a group of girlfriends. I love that it is central to Santana Row and all that it has to offer--shopping, dining and nightlife. The pool is fun too!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Valencia and Santana Row. We hope you and your friends will return often.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Hotel Valencia far exceeded our expectations for a smaller boutique hotel on Santana Row. It is the perfect location, very convenient, nice decor, very friendly and helpful staff and a wonderful continental self-serve breakfast included with your stay. We love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JFanvsp

Thank you for your lovely comments on our hotel and staff! We very much appreciate it. Please let me know if I may ever assist you prior to or during your next stay.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We have been to this hotel oh maybe over a dozen times, we loved the modern chic decor that gave you the urban cool vibe in the heart of Silicon Valley/Santa Row... so this last visit was a huge let down upon arrival finding that they had renovated.... I am all for change and appreciate them trying to upgrade but the new look is a very chilly texan mash up of some sorts... stark white walls,barn wood, old saggy leather chairs, wrought iron, western rope themed mirrors, have all replaced the warm cool ethnic vibe from before. I think the designer missed the mark on this one... the look does not work in such a vibrant modern place like Santa row. I wish they would have focused on more important amenities like the old shaggy slow toaster in the self serve breakfast area and there are still no reading lights near the beds. My husband said it best, feels like an upgraded best western now... the services was very lack luster also...sorry we wont' be back...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sungoddessSantaRosa
HVSR, General Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the renovation of the hotel. Obviously, we are disappointed that you do not care of the new look. It is difficult to appeal to everyone's preferences.

We did add new lighting (including lights on the headboard for reading) to the rooms as the darkness was a dissatisfier for many guests since the hotel opened. I am a little concerned about the "saggy" leather chair as every chair in the hotel is new. If you would feel comfortable sharing more specifics on this issue, my email is bbest@valenciagroup.com.

We will certainly look at the toaster and replace if needed.

Again, thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I visited this hotel for the fist time a week ago June 2014, coming in from SLC UTAH and not knowing the area, I was a little concerned until I arrived.
Stunning!!
I would absolutely recommend

TC
UTAH

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tessie W
HVSR, Front Office Manager at Hotel Valencia - Santana Row, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments! I am so glad we met and exceeded your expectations!

Sincerely, Bonnie Best, General Manager

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed recently on a business trip. Was just here for two nights. Thankfully they were two very comfortable nights sleep. The hotel could not possibly be more central as it is right slap bang in the middle of Santana Row. Parking is aplenty nearby and the hotel also offers a valet service. The hotel styling and decor is refreshing and a nice change from the chain brands and makes for a restful environment.

I only had breakfast here and it was ok. Nothing stellar but perfectly ok for business travellers. The hotel bar I found to be pricey with only fair service despite its pretty high standing on the street. All of the other staff I engaged with with very friendly and helpful.

Overall a good experience and does enough right that when I am back, Valentia will be my first preference for accommodation.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience at Hotel Valencia. We hope your travels bring you back to San Jose often.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A pity Trip Advisor does not have a "good" rating.
The hotel is very nice, spacious and excellent rooms. Besides the lousy coffee, the complimentary breakfast is great, as is the outdoor swimming pool and hot tub.
It lacks attention of the staff. Tables in the breakfast room are often left for cleaning after guests left. We had to ask several times to clean a table so we could sit and have breakfast. Room was not cleaned several times, and also the promised welcome package for the wedding we attended was forgotten.
If you decide to stay here, you should be aware that this is a party hotel. Many weddings, graduations, etc are going one, with all the noise related.
The area is very nice, upscale neighborhood with ample shopping and restaurants around

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts of our hotel. We appreciate all constructive feedback that we can use to improve our guest experience.

Sincerely, Bonnie Best, General Manager