“Nice find”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #45 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I looked for a reasonably priced hotel with a free shuttle from SJC - Comfort Inn San Jose Airport looked like the best choice. I was very pleased with this find. They paid for a taxi rather than a hotel shuttle, which was convenient and fast. The rooms were very clean. There was a free full breakfast in a spacious sunny breakfast room (which was perfect for our 3-person meetings for the rest of the day). Rooms had microwaves, refrigerators, small counter and sink. The only drawback was that you could smell cooking smells in the hallway at times - I think some people managed to cook whole meals in their rooms? And best of all, everyone at the front desk was so helpful. They made you feel like it was your home away from home. Free wi-fi in my room was also great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank oregonirish

Reviewed 12 September 2011

--Another good Comfort Inn
--interesting bathroom: motion senser lights, quick flush toilets, towel origami
--high-speed data cable in room
--wi-fi but only in lobby and breakfast area
--second and third days the networking authorization had problems: authorization page just dropprd you on the same page to keep re-authorizing
--free breakfast 6-10AM: waffles
--cable but not extended (no TCM)
--room is a little small and tight
--thermostat a little hard to understand but then effective
--no laundramat in motel, neighborhood, one nearby but neighborhood safety seems iffy
--view from my window is a bar

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife, 10-year-old daughter and I stayed here during a one-night layover from a trip to China this month. Our room was very clean and updated, it had a couch and a sitting area, and the two queen beds felt huge, returning from Asia. The bathroom was also clean and updated, with a fullsize tub and shower. The air conditioning was very effective. We checked in late, and the staff was friendly, arranging a cab ride and wakeup call for our return trip to the airport the following morning. The hotel paid for the shuttle ride to the airport. We paid for the cab ride to the hotel, which was within the $15 minimum cab fare from the San Jose airport. Free, fast password-protected Wifi in the room and lobby. The hotel is a short walk from a Denny's restaurant and a Chinese buffet. It's also two blocks from a 7-Eleven store. We had to walk to the 7-Eleven about midnight for toiletries, and there was an oddball mix of characters in the store, but we felt otherwise safe walking in the area within our group. The hotel had a free breakfast starting at 6:30 a.m., but we had to check out before then. We also noticed the hotel had a coin-operated laundry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank fwtexastraveller
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Pros:

Classic Comfort Inn (although this one appears a bit older than others I have seen). Room and halls were very clean (maids did a great job cleaning rooms). Pleasant, friendly desk staff. Close to Hwy. and easy 10 min.drive from airport.

Cons:

Bad neighborhood -- Unfortunately, this hotel is in a very poor, kind of creepy neighborhood (run down gas station next door), and I did not feel very safe here. I saw several homeless people pushing carts full of their belongings in broad daylight. A lot of blue collar workers were staying here during my visit. I'm not a snob, but I did feel a bit awkward, esp. as a female traveling solo. Also, noise is a HUGE issue as this hotel is a few blocks from a major hwy and smack next to a busy traffic intersection. I had to turn on my AC to drown out some of the noise at night. I did not sleep well.

If this hotel were in a better (safer, quieter) neighborhood, I would not hesitate to recommend it. However, most travelers will probably wish they had paid a few more $$ and gone elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
comfortinnsanjoseca, Webmaster at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Everything about our hotel has improved since your stay, and our neighbors have been making efforts to improve their properties and the overall quality of the neighborhood as well. I hope you will visit again soon and see that we’re providing a better guest experience than ever before. I apologize, however, for any lapses you experienced.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2010

We booked this hotel for being close to what we wanted to visit in that area, and for the low rate. It's an OK hotel, clean room, free and good parking, good internet, quick and friendly staff. And it's near the highway, with easy access from/to the hotel.

The neighborhood it's quite strange, there is no good options all around (by foot), so we went to a near gas station and got some supplies there, like juice, muffins, noodles and so on.

If you are passing by, and want to rest, and pass the night you could choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RMacari

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m glad you had a good experience with us. And you’ll be pleased to know that the hotel and the neighborhood have improved in many ways since your stay, allowing us to provide a better guest experience than ever before. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 October 2009

I stayed in this hotel about a year ago and would have given it an Excellent rating at that time. I can't believe how worn it has become over the year. I think there might have been a change in management. The breakfast used to serve hard boiled eggs and had real half and half for the coffee. Now it is bisquits and gravy, waffles...and some fruit that looks like it has been sitting there for a week. Wish they still had the eggs! Online they advertise Guest Laundry but there isn't one on site...there is a laundromat down the street. As you have read in the other reviews, this is not an area where you want to be wandering outside, especially at night. Other than the above, the room is still fabulous and in the end, this is what I care most about. I also wish they had a fitness center, they are supposedly working on this.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Room was large and comfy, staff was friendly and helpful - no complaints about the hotel. However I was extremely uncomfortable with the location. Seedy neighborhood - was edgy unloading/loading the car in broad daylight, which is too bad, because it's a perfectly lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank nettermo