“Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Greeley, Colorado
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. This was my second time here. This hotel is very clean and comfortable and reasonably priced for what you get. Breakfast was typical for a Quality Inn. I’ll stay here again next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Sita Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been staying in this hotel on a number of times and I have found the services, room cleanliness and breakfast consistently good. The staff is very nice. In fact, when I accidentally booked a smoking room instead of non smoking, Ruby at front office handled the situation very well and I had no inconvenience at all!
The location is good with 'Great Mall' almost at walking distance, gas station with a small Deli shop nearby. There is also a good India restaurant 'Dosa Bawarchi' near by whose buffet on Thursday is worth trying. This place is also close to 880.
Take care of few things though. Parking is limited, so once full you will have to park on street. Going out from Harris way, take care of traffic as it is a turn and with gas station, it becomes a little tricky to judge the traffic. Rooms on second floor are the bet of the lot.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
      Location
      Rooms
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

The hotel isn't horrible by itself. I really did not care to have to park on the street. This is what happens with hotels that have a parksleepfly packages. The manage is being a bit dishonest by saying there is plenty of parking. There isn't because they have people parking there for weeks at time and it's a small lot to begin with. The room was clean, the staff has probably heard people complain about the parking so many times they're indifferent. I wouldn't stay there again,and the room was not cheap either.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank brad f
LotusManagement, Owner at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I apologize on how the staff handled this situation. Although we value your feedback, there is nothing we can about the parking. For future guest, there is ample parking available for our guest along with street parking.

Sita Patel
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

My friend and I were not impressed with this hotel. We started off walking in and having to wait for the front desk person to show up after about ten minutes (it seemed). Not a good way to start off your stay. The hotel itself isn't horrible, the breakfast was pretty good and the rooms were clean. I didn't get ripped off like the other gentleman, not yet anyway but I'm keeping an eye on my charge statement. I do agree with him about the parking. There are very few spots in their lot p.s. manager that doesn't mean the hotel is full that just means you have a small parking lot. Expect to have to park on the street if you show up after 8 p.m. That made me very nervous because it's not the best neighborhood. I had my fingers crossed when I walked down the street in the morning hoping noone had broken into my car. I wouldn't stay there again based on that issue alone. How can you have a big hotel like that with such little parking? I noticed a few other people were annoyed about this as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank james L
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

I've stayed at hundreds of different hotels over the years and not one single time have I ever been randomly charged for something a few days after I had left. These con artists attempted to slip a $150 charge for a "so called" damaged comforter. I DID NOT damage a comforter all I did was sleep in it. I never set a bag or anything else on the bed there is absolutely no way I damaged it. At least have the decency to call me and tell me instead of me realizing it after looking my account over days later! I'm pretty sure they were mad that I used my points for my stay and didn't make any money so they figured they'd try and screw me by trying to slip a $150 charge by me. Nope I had my bank reverse the charge. Anybody in a hotel can come up with a dirty comforter long after you've checked out, these jokers have got to be kidding.
Well needless to say I wouldn't stay at this dump ever again. I can't believe after all those hotels I've stayed at I've never ever been charged a penny more than I should have, as it should be. The hell with these grifters. If you stay here WATCH your credit card statements closely they may try and screw ya.

P.S. The hotel's not that great either, certainly not worth a hundred bucks a night, maybe 70 max. ...and the parking lot is always full at night so you have to park on the street which SUCKS.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank HandsumMuscle
QISJ, Manager at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 29 August 2011
We do not question whether you stayed at many other hotels or not. One of our main concerns is satisfying the guest that stays with us and making sure our property is well taken care of. Therefore, it was disheartening to read what you had to write about our hotel. Nonetheless, sometimes a guest is correct and we accept our mistakes. Unfortunately, this time the guest is not correct and we wanted to address all his issues.
1st issue, yes we did charge you for damaging our blanket. Our duvets and covers are custom and cannot be ordered one at a time, the comforter was not the only object in the room stained. You managed to stain our bathtub and the toilet with the same black liquid. The stains left by you could not be removed with our simple cleaning chemicals. We have had to resurface the whole bathtub, to remove the stains left by you. These stains were not left by previous guest, as you claim, if this was the case, we would not have rented the room to you. Also, you stayed 2 nights at our hotel, and it was not noticed by housekeeping on your previous day. Thus, the $150.00 is justified to cover the cost of the duvet and resurfacing of the bathtub.
2nd issue, you were actually charged on the day (Saturday) you checked out when the housekeeping observed the stains, the reason the charges show up late on your credit card statement is that the credit card processor deposits on the next business day which is Monday (2 days later)
3rd issue, if our hotel was a dump, why did you stay the second night? And the full parking lot proves that our hotel is not a dump.
4th issue, a free room to a guest is only free to the guest; the hotel does get reimbursed by the franchise. Therefore the hotel does get paid. Please speak on issues that you know the full facts too.
To our future guest, please read other comments to gauge if were worthy of your patronage.
Thank you for taking the time to read our response.
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

We spent one night at the Quality Inn while traveling south. It was right off the freeway and easy to find. Our room was clean and a descent size with two queen beds. However there was little room for any other furniture. There was a desk and desk chair. The vanity area was right inside the door and quite small. It was nice that it was separate from the toilet and shower, but there was hardly any room for toiletries, and with three of us, that was even more true.

The breakfast the following morning had some items beyond the typical cereal and sweet breads. There were hard boiled eggs, hash browns, and some kind of meat. I don't know what kind as it was all gone when we arrived. That was the main problem, we arrived an hour before the end of the breakfast time, but anything that was gone was not replenished. This included the orange juice and the previously mentioned meat. If you want the full choice, arrive early.

We would stay here again as the price was right and it was clean, but if we were looking to stay for a while, we might look for something larger.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

Front desk personnel were very friendly. Parking was plentiful. Room was very nice. Bed was comfortable. Hotel was a few minutes drive down the road from a big mall with a food court that had a multitude of ethnic choices. (Kinda cool.) Price was right. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple