“very good value for money”

Quality Inn Silicon Valley
Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Carmel, California
“very good value for money”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

im comparison to downtown San Jose very good value for money. Large room, huge beds and a good overall impression. Simple breakfast (as first-off tourists to America we're still beginners regarding breakfast!). As passing-through onour way to Monterey, the stop-over here was very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Very pleasant hotel to stay at, clean tidy and efficient and very handy for where I was working this week. Made to feel very welcome.
Rooms are cosy and warm, excellent service, very clean and great TV selection.
Breakfast was great, serviced by very pleasant and friendly staff.
Definitely recommend this hotel for short or medium stays, will be back here next time for sure.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Herzliya, Israel
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I got there very late at night and have a morning flight, so i do not have time to know this hotel to good, but i found two problems:
1. the basin is out of the bathroom, it was immediately when you get into the room itself.
2. the breakfast was not serve to me and I was the first to get there, i open the lights in the room and there no waiter to help.
the room was nice worth the money it was quit and the registration was fast and nice.

Room Tip: I was in room 203, it is near the elevator and was ok for 6 hours that i been there
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Yossi_Ba
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad you found our hotel in a convenient location. To address your concerns:
1. The hotels were built in accordance with Franchise standards with the basin outside of the bathroom.
2. We are not a full service hotel, therefore we do not have servers or waiters to serve you. However we do have a breakfast attendant who should have been able to attend to your needs during our breakfast hours, 6:30am-9-30am.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards,
Greeley, Colorado
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. This was my second time here. This hotel is very clean and comfortable and reasonably priced for what you get. Breakfast was typical for a Quality Inn. I’ll stay here again next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards,
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been staying in this hotel on a number of times and I have found the services, room cleanliness and breakfast consistently good. The staff is very nice. In fact, when I accidentally booked a smoking room instead of non smoking, Ruby at front office handled the situation very well and I had no inconvenience at all!
The location is good with 'Great Mall' almost at walking distance, gas station with a small Deli shop nearby. There is also a good India restaurant 'Dosa Bawarchi' near by whose buffet on Thursday is worth trying. This place is also close to 880.
Take care of few things though. Parking is limited, so once full you will have to park on street. Going out from Harris way, take care of traffic as it is a turn and with gas station, it becomes a little tricky to judge the traffic. Rooms on second floor are the bet of the lot.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 8 September 2011

The hotel isn't horrible by itself. I really did not care to have to park on the street. This is what happens with hotels that have a parksleepfly packages. The manage is being a bit dishonest by saying there is plenty of parking. There isn't because they have people parking there for weeks at time and it's a small lot to begin with. The room was clean, the staff has probably heard people complain about the parking so many times they're indifferent. I wouldn't stay there again,and the room was not cheap either.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank brad f
LotusManagement, Owner at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
Dear Guest,

I apologize on how the staff handled this situation. Although we value your feedback, there is nothing we can about the parking. For future guest, there is ample parking available for our guest along with street parking.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 30 August 2011

My friend and I were not impressed with this hotel. We started off walking in and having to wait for the front desk person to show up after about ten minutes (it seemed). Not a good way to start off your stay. The hotel itself isn't horrible, the breakfast was pretty good and the rooms were clean. I didn't get ripped off like the other gentleman, not yet anyway but I'm keeping an eye on my charge statement. I do agree with him about the parking. There are very few spots in their lot p.s. manager that doesn't mean the hotel is full that just means you have a small parking lot. Expect to have to park on the street if you show up after 8 p.m. That made me very nervous because it's not the best neighborhood. I had my fingers crossed when I walked down the street in the morning hoping noone had broken into my car. I wouldn't stay there again based on that issue alone. How can you have a big hotel like that with such little parking? I noticed a few other people were annoyed about this as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends