“Disappointed”

Ranked #34 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Apollo
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I will start with my positive comments about the Quality Inn. The price was reasonable, it was nicely decorated, the staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast had a good selection of foods, and the room was comfortable (though a little small). I do have some negative comments as well. The hotel is right on a main highway and so the noise factor was definitely a problem. My room faced the highway and it was very noisy. Getting back out to the highway was difficult especially during the day. The parking lot did not have enough parking spots for the hotel guests. One night I had to park my rental car on the side street. Lastly, the hotel states that it has an exercise room as one of its amenities. The exercise room was very disappointing. There were four pieces of equipment - two of which did not work and one barely worked.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank westerntrips
QISJ, General Manager at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. We strive to satisfy each and every guest, that stay at our facility. Our hotel does face a busy street, so if you are a light sleeper, please ask for the parking lot side. The hotel has resolved the parking problem, as we have completely closed out our park, sleep, fly package. We did know about the treadmill, were awaiting for parts to come in to finish the repair. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Sunil Patel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Stayed here for one night before we had an early morning flight out of San Jose Airport. We booked the special rate to allow us to park our car at the hotel while we were away. What a mistake! When we arrived at the hotel for check-in, there were NO parking spaces available. They gave us permission to park in a handicapped spot (which I felt guilty about), on the condition that we would move our car as soon as something else opened up. Well, there wasn't much choice. So, we checked into the room, which was small and moderately comfortable. I had to wait until about 10:30pm before the desk called to say they expected someone to come pick up their car any minute. Well, I waited in the lobby for about 30 minutes before the shuttle showed up with the people who were getting their car. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night since we had to get up very early. The good news was that the lady who set up breakfast was very gracious and had things ready for us early. We were able to grab a quick bite before we had to go to the airport the next morning. However, our troubles were not over. When we returned from our trip, I called the hotel when we were getting off the plane. We did not have any luggage to retrieve, so we headed straight to the pickup point. We were told it would be about a 10 minute wait. It took MORE THAN 50 MINUTES before we were picked up at the airport. We waited out in the damp and cold. During that time I called the hotel several times, and each time they assured me that the driver was almost there, just a few more minutes. When the driver finally picked us up, he did not even apologize. The trip from the hotel to the airport is less than 10 minutes. Where the driver was during that time, no one knew. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, or use their service. It's not worth the hassle.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Wildwoodatheart
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Quality Inns never disappoint, and it's no different with this hotel. Although the location is a bit far from everything (you definitely need a car to get around), it's a great choice when visiting San Jose and the Silicon Valley. Nice clean room, complimentary breakfast, free parking. Plus, we got a great rate for the room so it was perfect!

Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DavidAL04
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the numerous amenities the hotel offers. We hope to welcome you back to San Jose in the future.

california
Reviewed 25 December 2012

just a mile from SJC, this hotel is small newer and very clean. It is not grouped together with other hotels .I found it nice quiet and clean with all the amenities a modern travel has come to expect.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time out to write us a review. We are glad to hear that you found the hotel nice, quiet and clean. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Audubon, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I never stayed or been to San Jose before. So I went on this site for some ideas. I stayed at the quality inn from 11/13-15. Yes the parking can be tight. Yes the location getting off a main route was annoying. My boyfriend was ready to lose it if he had to get on that main route to just get off it again. Negative aside .The room was clean. Bed nice except for tiny pillows. I read about them and was like what are these. Got to tell you the pillows were great. I am sold on that idea now. However the best thing about this stay was the free breakfast. Your basic hard boiled eggs, meat, muffins, carbs etc. nothing to get all excited about. The thing was that the lady working this was on top of everything. I was so impressed. We went real late the first day but she never late anything go. Real early the next morning and the same story. I know this might not mean much but I really wish I got her name so I could tell the manger how great this lady was. Also we had to print out tickets to the Winchester house the night before. Not a problem free of charge. Great place.

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time out to write a review. We apologize for the tight parking, but we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the staff were able to accommodate to your needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

SeaTac, Washington
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This Hotel was wonderful it was clean and have to mention one thing tho wireless internet was really hard to connect at times signal was really weak however the front desk agent Edith and Carlos were WONDERFUL they both are an asset to your Hotel... And when Im ever back in San Jose I will stay again and HIGHLY recommend the Quality Inn

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce B
Sita P, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for writing a wonderful review! We are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and able to assist to your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Ittoqqortoormiit, Ostgronland, Greenland
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Pros:
Hotel/lobby was clean
Free breakfast
Friendly staff / good customer service
Room we stayed in are clean
Room we stayed in has new TV, fridge, microwave, iron
Quiet neigborhood
Next to a gas station
Near freeway exits

Cons:
Limited parking space
Street Doesnt have left turn (from south), you have to make a U-turn