“Awesome location, great staff, good property”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Ranked #8 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
cleveland
“Awesome location, great staff, good property”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at this property last week while in San Jose for business. I hadn't realized how convenient this property was to just about everything downtown. Now onto the hotel: The staff is very friendly and accomodating. It's a bit dated, some of the furniture is worn and should be replaced, BUT the Bed is comfy, and clean. The bathroom was fine, and it was a good stay. It seemed pretty clean, but again, probably needs some updating. I will definitely stay here again, as I'm a platinum starwood member, and last time was upgraded to a suite (nice). The parking lot is right next to the hotel, and there are lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: become an SPG platinum member and the world will be yours :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Tracy
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a tournament at the convention center. We were walking distance from the center and every other place we visited over the weekend. The hotel and parking lot staff were friendly and helpful. The over-sized king bed was super comfy and the room was very quiet, we had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was very good and one order fed us both and we even had left overs. My daughter's favorite part was the walk down to Cream with her teammates which was a great home-made ice cream sandwich shop.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and clean, the bed was so comfortable. We overlooked the bocci ball court.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope your daughter's team did well and had fun in the tournament!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was in San Jose for a conference. This hotel is walking distance from restaurants and the San Jose convention center. The hotel has a parking lot and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant serves good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank New O
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times when I visit my corporate HQ in San Jose.

I am Starwood Platinum, and spend 30-40 nights a year in hotels all over North America.

The location of this hotel is what really sets it apart from other things in its price range. I love being downtown, even if I have to stay in a little older hotel. You can walk to restaurants, bars, the hockey arena, coffee shops, literally everything of interest.

The hotel is a little dated, but nice and the rooms are very comfortable.

As several have mentioned, I really appreciated unlimited free water and coffee.

The lack of a business centre is a bit of a pain. The computer they have for use is silly expensive and run by a 3rd party. They should really address this.

The only other comment was that there was quite a bit of noise caused by hotel staff early in the morning. I had a laugh with a fellow guest who overheard me talking about the vacuuming and leaf blowing at 6am in the courtyard with the obvious sign asking guests to be considerate of other guests...

That aside there is not, in my opinion, another hotel in the 200 range in the area with better value.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to others. A good choice as long as you're not overly picky.

Enjoy!

Chris

Room Tip: Facing the back would likely be quieter if you are concerned.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I would like to name front desk staff "Jana" and also the GM "Randy" for their great service during my stay. I couldn't log on to the internet and they really spent their time to connect me with the provider, and in the end I could use the internet freely. I also want to name "Les" at the Mosaic restaurant, he has been really helpful. This was probably the best Four Points I have ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for your comments! We will be sure to share your kudos with the team. We were happy to help with the internet and make your stay enjoyable. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a conference and regretted it. The hotel was okay; I paid for a corner room and got it. It felt like my room was one of the nicest, yet was still on the border of dorm room trashy.

The real problem was the attitude of the front desk staff and the "mandatory" letter I was forced to sign.

With security clearance, 14 years/280 nights at Starwoods, and not a single legal issue in my life, being forced to sign something was completely and utterly offensive.

Next time? Marriott, Hilton, or Fairmont.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Josh L
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We value your loyalty to Starwood. Our Evening Policy is enforced on weekends to strive to maintain a relaxed and comfortable environment for all of our guests. We apologize if you felt that this was forced upon you. We cannot selectively enforce the policy. I’m happy to discuss this further with you if you wish. Please contact me directly – Randy, General Manager, randy.zimmerman@fourpointssanjosedowntown.com
New York City
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The setting: This property is in the downtown core of San Jose. If you need a central location and you are on a budget, then this is a solid choice. The hotel is fronted by a generic restaurant behind which is the front desk. There is a nice outdoor seating space just beside the entrance to the hotel, which is really a side entrance to the building. The attached parking lot is convenient, but is costly.

The room: Mine was a room with a king size bed. It was spacious but the solitary window faced an interior shaft, thus there was not much natural light and the room felt like a large cell. The bed was comfortable and the large, flat screen TV opposite the bed made relaxing in bed more enjoyable. The bathroom was nondescript. The water pressure was good. The free WiFi was a nice perk.

All in all, this is a good budget hotel in central San Jose. You can enjoy being walking distance to any downtown locale without breaking the bank.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family