“So accommodating for business travelers”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I am a Starwood fan and so I knew the hotel, food and service would be excellent and it was! The bar/restaurant has a great atmosphere and very friendly and effective staff. What was above and beyond this stay for me was how much the staff were willing to accommodate some challenges I had. I tripped on the treadmill and my iPhone flew in the air and "disappeared" - the maintenance staff (Edgar) and front desk John were very helpful in helping me retrieve it (it was inside the treadmill !!!). I had books delivered and they were late and Jesus at the front desk went above and beyond to help me re-pack adn re-ship them to our client. This over and above service with a smile will keep me loyal !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Caroline G, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your iPod was not lost or broken when you fell! We hope business brings you back to San Jose soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I cancelled my stay with this hotel prior to the cancellation, due to a change in plans. Upon trying to change my reservations to another night, the hotel filled up and the person on the line was unable to get all 3 rooms that I required. I cancelled the reservation and stayed at another SPG property down the street.

Apparently someone at the hotel reactivated my reservation for 3 rooms on the night that I had cancelled. Fast forward 1 month, and I am still trying to have this issue resolved. The management here is the worst, and it is constant finger pointing game between corporate reservations and the hotel (particularly the front desk manager). I will never stay at this property again, and I question whether I will continue to stay at SPG properties at this point. You would think that Gold status would get some sort of customer service.

Stay away.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Kiter_Tyler

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any miscommunications caused by your reservation cancellation. We hope that the remainder of your time in San Jose was pleasant.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visit San Jose every year for a series of trade shows, and most recently stayed at the Four Point Sheraton. It is a one-minute walk from the Convention Center, and shares the same plaza as the Bijan Cafe and Bally's Gym.

The room was very clean, and I had no issues whatsoever during my stay. The staff was friendly, and check-in and check-out were smooth and quick.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sagar J
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for sharing! We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you'll be staying with us again. See you soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

One of those older buildings made into a modern hotel.
Pro - The room was functional with a big bed, great shower, nice towels, great pillows for sleeping and quiet despite being downtown. Walking distance to the museum and restaurants. Bar was very well appointed and modern. The hotel is very well designed and is a sharp place to take a business guest or entertain. If you wake up at night you can find things easy. Room was laid out good since it was small.

Con - Parking is expensive offered at $23/ night. Other local options available. Room was small as the king size bed took 80% of the space. Computer table had broken light and dark without it - no table plug ins for laptop - used the wall. Hard to find lobby as it is down a patio area.

Room Tip: Breakfast not included so figure out options.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank KerryZ35
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for sharing! Your feedback is valuable to us as we can use it to improve our guests' experience. We're happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and that you would feel comfortable bringing a colleague or entertaining guests here. Thanks!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The room I was first given upon check in (I believe it was number 216) should not even be considered a hotel room. It would have been suitable for an employee break room. Although it was on the 2nd floor, it felt like a basement, because when I walked in I saw no window. There actually was a window at the far corner (obscured from view at the door by the television armoire), however the window faced into a small light shaft, on the other side of which was a door. It looked like it might be a place for workers to take a cigarette break.

The smell of cleaning products had built up in the closed room and there was no way I would sleep in it.

When I called the front desk to ask to be moved the staff member seemed unsurprised by my description of the room as feeling like a prison, and said she did have another room available upstairs but it is smaller. I told her I'd take it as long as it had a window.

The second room was fine. What I couldn't understand was why in the world that first room would ever be given to someone at all, especially when there are other vacant rooms! If anything it could be a last resort and discounted room. I have never seen a hotel room which felt so uncomfortable.

The location of the hotel was very convenient, and I found cheap, secured parking one block away after reading the reviews warning of a $23 per day parking fee at the hotel.

The only other issue I had was that the room had no iPod dock, which is strange in a hotel these days, and instead had a CD player mounted on the wall in the room! Made everything feel more outdated.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Gvegasjess
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your recent stay. We are glad we were able to accommodate you in a different room that met your expectations. We hope you choose to give us another opportunity the next time you need a place to stay in San Jose.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at this property last week while in San Jose for business. I hadn't realized how convenient this property was to just about everything downtown. Now onto the hotel: The staff is very friendly and accomodating. It's a bit dated, some of the furniture is worn and should be replaced, BUT the Bed is comfy, and clean. The bathroom was fine, and it was a good stay. It seemed pretty clean, but again, probably needs some updating. I will definitely stay here again, as I'm a platinum starwood member, and last time was upgraded to a suite (nice). The parking lot is right next to the hotel, and there are lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: become an SPG platinum member and the world will be yours :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for a tournament at the convention center. We were walking distance from the center and every other place we visited over the weekend. The hotel and parking lot staff were friendly and helpful. The over-sized king bed was super comfy and the room was very quiet, we had a great night's sleep. Breakfast was very good and one order fed us both and we even had left overs. My daughter's favorite part was the walk down to Cream with her teammates which was a great home-made ice cream sandwich shop.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet and clean, the bed was so comfortable. We overlooked the bocci ball court.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

We are delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope your daughter's team did well and had fun in the tournament!