After reading many reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor I finally decided to stay in this hotel for a national conference that I just attended in San Jose, CA. I was so certain that this would be a great hotel and the Hotel.com rates were so incredible that I recommended that many of my colleagues stay at this hotel too. I was a little concerned when I read a few negative reviews prior to my stay but thought I'd wait till I had actually been at the hotel before I made any other decisions.
I was very impressed. Check-in was smooth and the personnel at the front desk were efficient and professional.The rooms were beautifully appointed and while a little smaller than 'regular' generic hotels, they were comfortable and one does realise that you are staying in a historic building. All rooms are very modern with lovely furniture and comfortable beds and linens. The website does advertise that the hotel has Aveda toiletries which my colleague immediate pointed out was not the case.(we are in a recession though, so that can be expected anywhere)
I got a newspaper outside my door every morning and the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. I did arrange a reception at the Mosaic restuarant and bar and found the catering /event department to be very helpful and the Restaurant manager ( I dont recall his name) was SUPER and extremely helpful in assisting our large group during the event.Check out was also super easy an uncomplicated and there were no unexpected suprises on the bill as others have mentioned. Its central and close to public transport.
The only down side would be the fact that there is a very shameful breakfast provided in the lobby of the hotel which was very cheaply put together and really the low point of my entire stay at this hotel. If the restaurant was open in the morning for breakfast with a variety of choices, I think this hotel can make 4 or 5 Stars. Well Done Hotel Montgomery!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown is a historic hotel with free wifi and 86 luxurious guest rooms. We are near McEnery Convention Center, HP Pavilion, SJSU, and other downtown attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown
- Four Points By Sheraton San Jose Downtown Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery Hotel San Jose
- Montgomery San Jose