“Nice - a throw back”

John's XLNT Foods
Ranked #127 of 2,310 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My boyfriend and I were at John's from Sonoma County due to the Beer Walk event. We were early so we had lunch first. I had the Greek Lemon Chicken Soup and it was really good, wish I lived closer I'd go by for that soup all the time. I also had the turkey sandwich and that was fine, nothing earth shattering, but good. My boyfriend had the ham (some fancy name I can't remember) breakfast and said it was very good and flavorful. What makes me give this down home place 4 stars is the people. It's family run and you can tell. Grandma is there as is the son and the grandson, I am assuming cousins as well. They were warm and friendly and very accommodating during the event, where a beer station was set up out front of their restaurant. We need more places like this, they make you feel good. When I am back in Willow Glen (awesome place by the way), I am coming back for their soup and wonderful service.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

My wife and I have been going here for over ten years when we visit friends in Willow Glen. It is family run and serves a mixture of American and Greek food. Everything we have ever tried has been wonderful and the portions are large. They used to include dessert with all meals, but the economy and competition has forced them to cut back. Although more trendy restaurants further down the street have lowered their patronage, the consistency of service and quality of food should help them survive.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

A great place to get a varied menu. All dishes were ample portions. I had a "low cal" steak that was excellent. Wife had a chicken dish that was very big. Food was excellent and staff seemed to have been there forever.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Went here on a Sunday afternoon, around 4pm. Didn't have to wait for an outdoor table and service was fast. The sangria and lemon greek soup were delicious. We also had the chicken gyro and asked to "upgrade" the fries adding garlic and feta cheese. The fetuccini Alfredo was great. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 12 September 2012

John's and its staff seem that they are trying to go out of business. This morning 9/12 I went in early for breakfast and sat at a table waiting for the waiter. And waited. And waited. There was only 1 other person in the restaurant. If they don't have enough staff to serve a near-empty restaurant just after they open, either open later, or, add more staff. There are new restaurants opening in Willow Glen and I can only think the staff is trying to put John's out of business, or, the family itself, who owns the restaurant, is unable to compete