“Great Cuban Restaurant”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: San Carlos & Park
“Great Cuban Restaurant”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This was my first visit to Cabana Cuba and I plan to visit them again. It's located just outside of the downtown area of San Jose. Parking is limited but you can find a space on the street. Be sure to make a reservation otherwise you will have to wait at least a short while. The food is tasty and the selection is abundant. My friends and I got more food than we could eat so we took home leftovers for lunch. The service is friendly and attentive. The building may have once been an old 2-story home so the character and ambiance are unique.

• Visited March 2013

Auckland, New Zealand
“Great cuban food”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We've been here a couple of times, most recently we just turned up on Friday night and they found us a table even though we had no reservations, we had Lechon a la Cubana (preceded by Masitas de Puerco because, you know, you can never have enough pork) and Rabo Encendido (ox tail) followed by Arroz con Leche (because there was no pork dessert). What more could you want? Quantities were sizeable and the service was good.

• Visited March 2013
“Fairly good - not my favorite TYPE of food”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Business meeting. Food was pre-selected. Service was good nad environment was very good. Will try again based on experience.

Visited July 2012
“Poor Cuban Food”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Food was disappointing; sweet plantain burned and rice is tasteless. Service was acceptable but overall not an enjoyable place. I have to confess that I cook very good Cuban food so I may be biased.

“50's vintage”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Great food, I had a hard time finding a parking spot at the Race Street Fish and Poultry so drove a little farther and tried the Habana Cuba instead.

1 Thank Chris M