“mmmmmm”

Ranked #206 of 2,235 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We had a great dinner here. The pot stickers were divine, my favorite dish of honey walnut prawns was outstanding, and they accomodated my in-laws request for an add of meat on a veggie dish. The staff is always on point here. It is always busy here, as it should be, but they are paving the parking lot so it just looks closed.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Went for lunch with my daughter. Had been many times to sister restaurants in Palo Alto and Cupertino and had enjoyed the visits for food and overall experience.

Sadly the San Jose Mandarin Gourmet was a disappointment. The set lunches were uninspiring. Worse we ordered my favorite Minced Chicken in Lettuce Cups. It was close to inedible. Took the left-overs home and tried to have them for dinner. I can't explain what the problem was but they were really not good.

The problem was certainly not the fault of the waiter. He was attentive and speedy.

Could somebody please open a good Chinese restaurant in the San Jose area?

2  Thank dos303
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

We ordered crab Rangoon, fried rice, beef broccoli, and sesame chicken. Everything was awesome! We all enjoyed it. Would definitely order take out again!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

This restaurant has THE tastiest food ever. It's pricey so we don't go often, but special occasions, I'm there!! Honey walnut prawns are the BOMB!

1  Thank woodsywoman
Reviewed 23 April 2012

This restaurant used to be very good but they have been riding on their popularity for too long. The decor is dated and often the service is poor in that they are more concerned with pushing people through than allowing time to really enjoy a good meal. Another reason I stopped eating here was because they never got an order right, usually meeting levels of spiciness requested.