“Go! Go! Go!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #527 of 2,142 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Go! Go! Go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I recommend this place. Don't expect complex ingredients or preparation. Don't demand fawning service. Go and eat, go and relax, go and enjoy yourself. It is not complicated.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HeadedOut

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We went there with my family, the food was good except the nacos (not so good). They can do better with service...

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andrew6464
Astoria, Oregon
“One of the restaurants I dream about.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

....now that we are 600 miles away. The chile rellenos are the best I will ever have, and when they still served soup...mmmmmmm.

It can be loud and you may have to wait, and I was sad to read that they don't allow you to have a glass of wine or a beer while waiting ( it made it much more painless).....it is still worth the wait.

I lived within walking distance so could go often, and would go in the afternoon, when there was hardly anyone there, no wait, awesome food, I want some NOW!!!!!! Best Mexican on the planet.

Visited September 2012
San Jose, California
“Authentic Mexicsn Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

By far, the best Mexican food in San Jose. The chimichanga is my favorite along with an ice cold super chaveles. Careful with the margaritas-- very good but very strong.

Bay Area, CA
“This is our GO-TO Mexican place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Whenever my husband and I crave Mexican cuisine, we go to Tlaquepague! We are fortunate to live close by to 2 out of the 3 restaurants. We usually go to the one off Willow St--if you are not there early enough, there is a bit of a wait. No matter! Even the chips and salsa are worth it! My favorites are: chicken tostada and chili rellenos. My husband enjoys the Chavelas!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank kat2kool

Been to Taqueria Tlaquepague? Share your experiences!