“A Small Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A Small Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I love it here. The location is beautiful (it's on Santana Row) and the ambience is also great. I usually get the Burke Williams Deep Tissue massage, then spend at least another two hours in the steam room, sauna and pool. They recently seem to have slightly renovated and the pool is now a silent pool! This means you can relax without people babbling away!
If you want to pamper yourself for an afternoon or morning, this is the way to do it!

Visited June 2014

San Francisco, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Day Spa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is probably the best day spa in the San Jose area (in terms of sticking around and hanging out after service). I had the Savannah scrub, which was amazing and relaxing. I have been to Korean spas that are more down to business and do a more thorough job of getting rid of dead skin for less of a price tag, but this is definitely a good option if you want to get it pretty close but have some relaxation while you are at it. The dressing area and surrounding lounges are very nice, however pretty small. Some of the lockers are kind of in an awkward hallway, so people keep walking past you as you are trying to get dressed. Also, I am surprised that there was not that much room to lounge by the jacuzzi and I can't really see it being comfortable for a group larger than about 4 people, especially if the spa is busy and there are other people around. I don't know where they would lounge. However, if you are all having services and switching out maybe you can make a group of four work. The place could also use two things (1) option to order food and champagne, on the phone it sounded like that was an option but you needed to let them know upon check in, but this information was only given to me after I asked and (2) a cold pool, there is not really a place to cool down, just Sauna, Steam Room, Jacuzzi, so after about an hour you are done. There is a little mist room but it is not nearly cold enough and the smell is a little off. Overall though I have to say the spa is in very good shape and the decor is really relaxing, the staff is extremely attentive and the complementary fruit plate they brought out was a very nice touch. I would also maybe add some ice tea as an option other than water, for those of us with earlier appointments that need the caffeine boost ;) This is not a great spa for couples because men and women are separated. More of a solo or go with your best friend deal.

Visited May 2014
Waco, Texas
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Love this place. I always get the signature. Then, head to the quiet room. I feel so relaxed afterwards.

Visited April 2014
New York
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“All that glitters is not gold”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

At the first arrival it was very disappointing. You have to pull up and enter a dark and dower area to get into an elevator to take you to the reception area, right from street level.

Then as we exited the elevator into the check-in desk, we were greeted to the sound of jack hammers (so noisy I could not hear the receptionist talking to me inches from my face), dust, safety barriers, men in hard hats, and you know right then you made the wrong choice!

We were there for three nights and it was utter bedlam all throughout our stay.

There are three elevators, but while we were there, only one was working as the other two were sectioned off due to construction activity. The one that was working, farthest right as you face them from the check-in area, had an inspection label that said it was inspected in March 2013...over 1 year ago at the time of our stay.The night prior a woman was trapped in that same elevator and had to be rescued. I asked to speak to a manager and was told there was "no one of duty" and was directed to the maintenance guy, who's first language was not English. I tried to point out to him that the inspection sticker on the elevator was out of date, assuming, that like other states, elevators have to be checked each and every 12 months. I was wasting my breath.

I told the receptionist that I expected the manager to address this and contact me when he came in to tell me how it was being addressed...no one contacted me at all.

Gym had three treadmills, two of which had "out of service" stickers on them. It had two elliptical's one of which had an "out of service" sticker on it...so yet another example of poor maintenance and disregard for the enjoyment and comfort of the customers.

When one pays something in the region of $400/night one is paying form all of the facilities in a hotel, the overall experience, which is always supposed to be an experience of enjoyment.

When that is simply not there, you should absolutely not be expected to pay for that which was expected but is not available or offered at the time of entering the hotel. In short with all the work, noise, dust, broken elevators, broken gym equipment etc. do you really think as a hotel you fulfilled your obligation to us as customers. Answer...no way, we were ripped off, and were not one bit happy. I cannot in good faith recommend this hotel to fellow travelers at all. Go somewhere else.

Visited April 2014
San Mateo, California
“Great Atmosphere and Very Relaxing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

They are a little pricey, but I am pretty picky with my massages and it was very relaxing and gave me the chance to unwind. I will definitely be back!

Visited October 2013