“Good food Good deal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Santa Cruz, California
“Good food Good deal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

This place is right next door to race street seafood kitchen. I love them both!!! Seriously, when I pull into the parking lot I'm torn......Do I want seafood? or do I want Mexican food? This is a great place to put in your memory bank to try out. The shrimp tostadas are great and only $3... I also like the crispy tacos. The chicken has been a little on the bland side for me the two times I tried it. So I stick with the beef and it is good. I have also had the fish tacos and shrimp tacos, both worth doing again. However, I think the shrimp are a little better than the fish. The regular tacos are good as well. I have had the carne asada and the pastor. The meat is chopped a little smaller than most places but still has a good flavor. You can add sour cream, or guacamole for .15 more. They are little more than some places but they are big so it all equals out. Just keep in mind if you go to one place and order four at a time, you probably dont want to do that here. The salsa is great!! it has an excellent flavor just with it could be a little hotter, just a couple more chilies per batch c'mon. None the less it is yummy and gets poured on everything I order. They really have quite a variety and so far everything I have tried has been good. If I eat there any more often they are going to have to give me an apron and put me on the payroll.

• Visited September 2012