“NICKEL AND DIME-ING AT ITS FINEST!”

Los Garcias Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 2,310 Restaurants in San Jose
Reviewed 9 April 2014

If you can find the restaurant on the first pass, you're ahead of the game. It's tucked away like a front for a money laundering operation...and about as fancy.

We were promptly served fresh tortilla chips and three varieties of salsa...hot, hotter, and OMG, my insides burn, they burn, oh, how they burn.

I ordered the fajitas, with no rice...they brought the rice...fine, it's your food, waste it. They only brought two tortillas and when I asked for another one, they charged me $1.50 for that and $1.25 for a side of sour cream (without notification these would be add-on items).

The food was good (not the best I've had, but certainly not the worst), but the service was non-existent after the tortilla chips were brought, and barely a smile. Rootbeer served in a can, and you guessed, we were charged for a 2nd can.

I'd say, find somewhere else. Throw a rock in San Jose, and you'll hit 12 Mexican restaurants better than this, and the rock is sure to miss this one anyway, as it's hard to find even with GPS.

How do you say "underwhelmed" in Spanish?

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I ordered the wet carne asada burrito. Bland cheese over bland sauce over a giant burrito with blandly flavored beef and rice. Nothing wrong with it per se, but since I can cook better than this it was disappointing. Overall the ambiance is that of a great little family run restaurant that is attentive and pours a stiff drink. I was there during a playoff baseball game and I loved the environment even though no local teams were playing.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Great Mexican food with homemade corn tortillas in a small and busy restaurant. The fish tacos were made of moist, flaky fish and were tasty! A yummy stop for lunch!