Courtyard San Jose North/Silicon Valley
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
US$254
US$246
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$181
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$193
HIExpress.com
US$398
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstarget storelevi's stadiumpanda expressparking lotnice propertygroup eventa lovely staystarbucks coffeenice lobbypull out couchlate checkoutrooms are largewithin walking distancehot tubexcellent hotelfollowing morningking bed
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for business. Hotel is new, business friendly and guest can walk to restaurants close-by.

- Panda Express
- Panera Bread
- Chipotle
- Five Guys and some more options that I can't recall the names

Back side of the hotel faces a highway so a room facing the front will be better. I had no noise issue this is just a suggestion.

Even though I drove but I would estimate the hotel is 10-15 minutes walk from the Tasman light rail station.

Room Tip: Room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank MusicCity2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a brand new Courtyard, everything looks modern and new.
I arrived by car and there was no problem finding a space near the hotel entrance.
Parking is free and contiguous to the enormous parking of a department store.

My room was quiet, on the front of the hotel.
On the back there is the SouthBay freeway 237.

My king room was of an acceptable size, very basic, empty refrigerator, no safe, no microwave, good sized 39" TV.
In-room air conditioner but I did not have to use it.
The room appeared sufficiently clean.
The bathroom had a large walk-in shower, mixer tap with no flow control, as usual.

Internet was free and speed was acceptable.

At Reception there is the usual Market, where one can find minibar style items and more, including some frozen dishes.
There also is an on-site microwave oven.

There was no proper restaurant, just the "Courtyard Bistro", no room service.

Breakfast in the Bistro (no buffet) was quite limited and frugal.

Please understand that my evaluation is based on an absolute scale with some bias for local customs and situations: it is intended to help international travellers understand what they can expect.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel and on a relative scale one might even consider it 5 star, being it a brand new building with good looking facilities and courteous staff.

However on a absolute scale one might consider it a two star hotel at the typical price of a 4 star one, given the limited service and features.

I am settling for "3 tripadvisor stars", considering that it is shiny new and the inflated rate is justified by the Silicon Valley average.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Alberto P
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Brand new and they have the travelers needs covered. Great modern hotel .friendly staff and beautiful trendy property. Very nice rooms.great decor.very clean .Marriott standards are upheld.very accommodating staff

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Onejazzysis
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Originally booked a double queen room but got upgraded free of charge to a king with a sofa. Very spacious and super clean. Very helpful staff and free wifi plus use of computers in the lobby. All hotels should be like this! Absolutely great and a fantastic price!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Two adults and a teenager. At the time of making the reservation we could not get the double queen room, so we settled for a full with a sofa bed. The bed was comfortable but the sofa bed is not for the weak. The sofa bed is not comfortable at all. I would think they would upgrade the sofa mattress since you are paying for a 3 person room. Over all the hotel is clean, which is always a plus. The room is spacious, great for a person traveling for business. In terms for a family stay the swimming pool is very small and the sofa bed will not suffice. I still give this hotel a 4 star based on the cleanliness and modern room, this hotel feels like is a brand new that has just been built. The restaurant is small but was a non issue for us since we ate around 9 am, and there was a plenty if setting outside. I would stay here again if I could boom a double bed. Mind you I choose this hotel which is 20 miles away from the event we are attending based on reviews and if was worth it for a peaceful nights rest.

Stayed: July 2014