“Very creative and delicious vegan food”
Review of Vegetarian House

Vegetarian House
Ranked #45 of 2,205 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I go to a lot of vegan restaurants, and usually the faux meat places are "just okay". But Vegetarian House is different. There are many many dishes that are not faux meat, but rather real plant food prepared in interesting ways. I was there with two meat eaters and they both were very pleasantly surprised by the wonderful taste of the food, and so was I.

1  Thank rawzins

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

I went with my dad, he was very skeptical at first (because he is a meat eater). When we walked in the atmosphere was so calm and soothing. We ordered pho, chow mein, and a curry tofu dish. He wasn't sure what to expect because he didn't know what half the items were on the menu. But it was amazing, the service, atmosphere, and food. He said "if I had food like this all the time I would be able to be vegan", approved by a meat eater! So do not be scared if you are going as a meat eater.

1  Thank Sameowtha
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The service was very slow, and they got our (very simple) drink orders wrong.

The food was OK, though a lot more rice than anything else. Flavor was good though.

I won't bother coming back, there are better/more interesting places to go in town. Not to mention, this place had a kind of weird cult thing going on I didn't quite understand...

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Ate with two friends, each of us getting a different family style dish. Every dish was excellent. We had the pad thai, the asparagus and mushroom, and the mixed vegetables.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

first time visit, found on trip advisor and stopped in for an unusual and nourishing lunch...if you have an interest or requirement for harmless vegetarian food and live in this area, or visit San Jose, this is the place for you. Like entering a holy place, and why not holy? as there are no dead animals or supporters of the slaughter industry in this place. It is a calm feeling you get when entering this place, the colors, stained glass, colored walls, etc. Calming...

A Beautiful building, in a quaint sort of way, well lit, wonderful selection on the menu and good prices. Many selections look and taste like meat. We had one Thai noodle dish which had something that looked like shrimp in it, even though all vegetable... And an aspargus dish which had the meat substitute that looked and tasted as meat but....and a mixed vegetable dish, all served with rice, enough food for each to share and have two servings left over. ALL DELICIOUS!!

the service was excellent, people very nice and sweet, free ample parking, Lovely! The group that runs this establishment are part of an Asian Spiritual Foundation...my best wishes to all invovled in this effort. Blessings...