“Tried and True Neighborhood Eatery”
Review of Max's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Max's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 June 2007

I always leave satisfied from Max's. I've eaten at the Palo Alto and the Burlingame branches, but the San Jose one has been my favorite. The best lunch/dinner is their 3-way grilled cheese on Rye with a Caesar Salad and pickles! It's absolutely delicious. They cook it perfect each time. Their salads are huge and fresh! Their salmon tastes great. Their brunch is great too. I also love their ice tea which is served in your own teapot to brew and then you pour it over a tall glass of ice! They also serve the greatest desserts. We often go there just for dessert. The applecobbler is good. The last time they served it, it was a little "doughy" but still good. I wish they served it with the cinnamon icecream like before. The 7 layer cookie is to-die-for. Their low carb chocolate decadence and espresso cheesecake is good for the "low carb" tastes as well. My newbie fave dessert has been the key lime pie. It's smooth, creamy with just the right bit of tang. Max's is a tried and true restaurant that always leaves me satisfied. YUM!