“Kids LOVE the skate park” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lake Cunningham Park
Ranked #51 of 132 things to do in San Jose
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Kids LOVE the skate park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I'm reviewing the skate park part of Lake Cunningham only, since that's the only experience we've had at Cunningham. My kids love to skate board and we heard this place was very kid-friendly. It is! They have a lot of rules for the skaters and have people throughout the skate park to make sure everything is ok and that rules are being followed (which as a Mom I really appreciate!). Some of the rules include: ALL skaters must wear pads and helmets, no smoking of any kind, no alcohol or drugs, etc. Of course you'll hear some coarse language from kids that are way too young to be talking like that, but that's not the responsibility of Lake Cunningham. The park itself is huge, impressive, and AWESOME. My kids were blown away the first time we came here. Knowing that the big-name pros have skated here was just icing on the cake. Actually, some still do skate here. Steve Caballero lives nearby and we've seen him here a few times. He's friendly and encouraging to the kids he happens upon. The atmosphere here is like that, in general. The guys in the pro shop are friendly and knowledgable, and also very helpful. I like that I can drop off my son and feel safe knowing he's got people watching out for him and making sure he's skating in a safe environment. The skate park is closed Monday and Tuesday, and closes each night around 9. We got a season pass for each child for $70/a piece. Parking is $6 each time, or a $30 season pass.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Ruby B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“very nice walk arund the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I went there to take my dog for a walk and was told that dogs were not allowed. We were already half way around the lake to had to finish our walk. Enjoyed the walk anyway.

1 Thank Chris M
Patterson, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Plieku”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

We were able to entertain 120 people for a reunion, had great facility and grills, plenty of room. People really enjoyed this event

Visited June 2012
Mountain View, California, United States
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Looking for a nice place to relax -- come here!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I like this place since it is cool, relaxing and gives me peace. I just relax and feel the nice aroma of the wind and water to give myself some peace of mind out of this busy life.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Ashlesh
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

Even the parking attendant told us before entering it's not much of a park. We went in anyway, looked around the place was not taken care of at all, yet they charge for parking. The grass was dead, litter scattered about and the lake was filthy, not even clean enough for swimming, since swimming is not allowed. Not many trees either. Needless to say it only took 5 minutes of exploring the park to realize it was a waste of time. Even if there were no parking costs it has nothing to draw anyone to it, except that it's located next door to Raging Waters.

Visited July 2012