“The only place I go to for sushi...”

Sushi Factory Japanese Rest
Ranked #771 of 2,198 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Unfortunately for me, Sushi Factory is within walking distance...like less than 1/2 mile. I say unfortunately because it's far too easy for me to slam 3 or 4 rolls from the all-you-can-eat menu and I've put on some pounds as a result.

My only gripe has been with service, but I did notice some new folks floating around so maybe they've got the message and are shaking it up. However, as an example, some friends and I went last weekend and they forgot to bring an order out, were pretty slow on checking if we needed more food, and even slower on drink refills. So the service definitely needs some work.

That said, the all-you-can-eat is $25 and they make it fresh, not like the boats that have food floating around all day or pre-made rolls anticipating customers. You can order 3 at a time, which is typically where I stop since I get the bigger rolls, and the food is delicious.

Recommended: Dragon Roll
Most people love: Lion King Roll

There are newer reviews for Sushi Factory Japanese Rest

Reviewed 4 September 2012

It was hard to believe I had a first rate Japanese restaurant within walking distance. The first time I visited the Sushi Factory it was with some trepidation that such a place was this close to home. I was greatly impressed with the quality of food and the service both at the sushi bar, where I usually sat, but also the service to the booths when I took people with me.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

An eclectic crowd comes to The Sushi Factory; it's fun to people-watch. The ambience could be better but the food is often very good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Davis, California
Reviewed 8 September 2009

The food was decent, but the service was terrible.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 July 2009

It's a sorta run down place but in the sort of way that makes you feel good about the food. Good, but not exceptional sushi. All of the rolls are labeled with prices but I never saw a price for the 'all-you-can-eat.' I made the mistake of telling the guy I was from out of town, he came back with a $27 bill. Good sushi, but not $27 good.