“Excellent Home Made Italian Pasta”
Review of Fratello's

Fratello's
Ranked #268 of 2,173 Restaurants in San Jose
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hamilton Ave.
Oslo, Norway
“Excellent Home Made Italian Pasta”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

One of my friends asked me to reserve an Italian restaurant. I went to the Michelin guide and this restaurant was recommended for its quality at at reasonable price level. We had a very good stay at Fratello´s. The food and the service was very good. My recommendation for this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

San Jose, California
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We've only eaten here once (my sister's birthday) but we've added it to our list of favorites. We went early and were amazed at how the place filled up. Make sure you make reservations on prime nights. Every thing we ordered was excellent. Definitely not your standard spaghetti and meatballs Italian. They use curtains to mask the fact that you're in the middle of a strip mall so it feels like you're in an intimate setting.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, GA
“Italian gem tucked away in a strip mall”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Great local place in San Jose with great food and a warm homey atmosphere. Ask for Carmine and you won't be dissappointed!

• Visited July 2012
San Jose, California
“Sadly Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We had gone to Fratello's several times and loved it, so we took my sister there for her birthday in August. What a disaster! It took eons to get served, and then the waitress joked about it. The food was less than stellar. When another couple came in the waitress said, "You just missed the rush!" but there had not been many people in the restaurant the entire time we'd been there (and believe me, we'd been sitting there for quite a while). Perhaps they were having an off night, but I was embarrassed. I thought at least we'd get something for our trouble ... the waitress was well aware that it was both my husband's and my sister's birthday AND she was quite aware of how long we had sat waiting for any food. But no, nothing was offered and no apology made. Just a joke and then "Your meals are coming. Really!"

I would love to return: I like to support local places. However I'm nervous about this one. Not sure I can manage a return trip.

Fratello's ... what happened?! :-(

• Visited August 2012
San Jose, California, United States
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife has been talking about this place since she had a great lunch there. Now we have had a chance to try dinner. It is a small intimate place with a very friendly knowledgeable staff. We each had a salad and split one of their homemade pasta dishes. The spinaci salas was refreshing and nicely balanced. The pasta was a good as any we had during our spring trip to Italy. The wine choices recommended by the serve went well with meal. We were too full to try desert but we will come back again.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank MC994

Been to Fratello's? Share your experiences!