“Great meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We had a great meal at Giorgio's. The staff were very friendly and provided great service. The food was really good and was good value for money.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I'm not sure if the sauteed mushrooms are even on the menu any longer, but they were the absolute best I have ever had. Wine, butter, garlic, cream, mushrooms....I have tried to make them at home now that I am 600 miles away from Giorgio's.....and when I still lived in San Jose I was more than willing to wait, and have a drink outside, for a delectable meal. It was mostly all good, if not great.

Are there still grape leaves hanging above the tables? I hope so. I miss it.

The 'shrooms are/were better than Original Joe's, and those were an 8, on a scale of 1-10.

In order to write this review I had to select that I had been here in Sept 2012...in truth we had moved away from San Jose in 2002.........I MISS the FOOD back there. We are in a coastal town now in Oregon and golly, there were probably 50 gourmet quality restaurants within a mile of my home in Willow Glen. It was foodie heaven!

There are a few good places to eat here....but I have learned to cook in self defense. I am still tweaking the mushrooms....I don't know what they did with them, but my husband and I would fight over the bread to sop up the sauce.........and sometimes we would just give in and order more....
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I went to Giorgio's for the first time this past weekend because I love Italian food. I got Capellinis with shrimp and it was delicious, but a bit too much garlic for my taste. The bread they give you to start was soft and warm, just the way I like it. They seem to be famous for their pizza, so next time I will make sure to order one!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

When a restaurant is still getting rave reviews after 55 years, there must be something going right. They serve traditional Italian food with fresh ingredients and great sauces. I had the minestrone for lunch today and it was one of the best I've ever had. This restaurant is traditional but their pizzas have great crust and really fresh tomato sauce. I've eaten here twice in the last month and both times they were very good.

The wait staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The whole place has a pride of ownership feel that I really have come to appreciate when I eat out. Go for lunch or dinner. It continues to be a great place if you are in that neighborhood.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my first time there, although my partner had eaten there regularly with his family when it first opened around 1958 or so! We had the classic spaghetti and meatball with marinara sauce. It was a substantial serving, with plenty of sauce. The meatball was tender, moist and flavorful. The french bread was dusted with toasted garlic, and it you like garlic bread the butter had garlic and other herbs added to it. The house Chianti was not too strong, which I appreciated. I would like to go back and try some of the other entrees. They all sounded delicious. The happy hour, with $2 off the appetizers, sounded good too! I definitely want to try their $3 Manhattans and Margaritas!