“It really was a nice place”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
CARMEL VALLEY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

We have stayed at the La Quinta Inn in the past and it has been equally good. It is competitively priced for use of the San Jose International Airport with an on-time shuttle. Recently the hotel has been updated to a high-tech type of decor, no doubt appropriate for business travelers to and from Silicon Valley, and while we do not fall into that category, it was fine for us.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQSanJose, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear Pntr,

Thank you for staying with us while you were flying out of San Jose Airport. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our Stay and Go program and left your car with us as you went on your vacation. We are very proud to offer our brand new rooms and enjoy hearing great reviews to them.

We hope to see you during your next stay in San Jose or the next time you decide to fly out of town!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Rachel Rohrenbach
Assistant General Manager
SF, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We stayed here during a business trip. The outside is still in process, it looked not so nice. I checked out the gym, I think someone stole the TV. I heard from another guest that the gym is in progress. If La Quinta does as good a job there as they've done on the rooms - it will be fine.

My room was great. It was super clean with a very comfortable bed. Good shower and in-room coffee in the morning - nice.

The staff is polite and helpful, including the reservation people, front desk staff and the people working the breakfast room. 5 stars for breakfast, good choices, better than I’ve seen at pricier hotels.

The only negative is noise. The bar sounds filtered into my room. Luckily, the bar closes at 10. Maybe they'll modify the doors?

I'll definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Hello sfgardener,

Thank you so much for taking the time and reviewing our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you would join us in the future if your travels bring you back to San Jose! I can assure you that we are working on finishing our landscaping. In fact, we hope to have it all done within the month! Our trees are going up and the grass will be laid creating a brand new exterior! We are also working on the outdoor areas, such as the fitness center and pool. Both these areas will be equipped with all new furniture and equipment! I can assure you that our television was not stolen, we are simply in the process of hanging a new one, but we can definitely understand why you would think such.

We are so pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed our service! We can't wait to see you again!

Yours in hospitality,

Rachel Rohrenbach
Assistant General Manager
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

My stay at LaQuinta-San Jose Airport was very nice. The room was very modern and comfortable however there were a few things that would have made it better: the bathroom door would not stay open and it closed too quickly, there was no trashcan inside the bathroom, the sink was modern but the noise as it drained was loud, the refrigerator did not have a freezer on top as I am used to but the front desk staff froze my ice pack for medication. The refrigerator seemed to "charge" or something very loudly every half hour or so throughout the day and night which made falling asleep difficult. A replacement bag for the ice bucket was never left after using it the first night and I had to request additional cups as they were not replaced.Other than those few things, I enjoyed my stay. The breakfast with a 6 am start time was great. The front desk staff were very personable and accommodating, and the complimentary shuttle worked out great when returning my rental car a day prior to me checking out and then dropping me at the airport the next morning. There is a Burger King on the same lot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Sheila L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor, it's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you appreciated the new, modern feel of our guest rooms; as we have worked very hard towards transforming our hotel - from top to bottom - into one of San Jose's best.

I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the noise of your sink draining, but delighted that you noticed our modern, updated sinks. Additionally, allow me to apologize that you had to request replacement cups, and ice bag on your second day with us; I thank you for not letting it dampen your spirits. Thanks to reviews such as yours, we are in the process of re-equipping our vanity sinks with drainage systems that not only expedite the rate at which fluids are evacuated, but reduce the noise involved in doing so. So, thank you for making our property an even better place to stay!

Your constructive comments, regarding your stay, are greatly appreciated as they not only give us the opportunity to make your La Quinta experience even better, but also let your fellow "Trip Advisors" know that they can count on us to help them "Wake up on the Brighter Side!"

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us, at the La Quinta Inn San Jose Airport. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,