“My review”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“My review”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed at this LQ because it was close to the airport and I had an early flight. The place was clean, quiet, convenient and I had points. I travel all over the US and stay primarily at LQs but I think this one is priced too high so would I recommend it - maybe. If you can find the same thing at a better price - do it.

BTW - Do not order room service from the menu with area 171 on it. Mediocre food priced way too high with lots of additional charges including a packaging charge - really?

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience with our property. I hope to reassure you that you are investing your hard earned dollar well when staying with us. We take pride in being the #1 rated hotel on TripAdvisor, and always strive to give all of our guests the best and most comfortable stay possible. Please keep a look out during your next stay for a new and improved Room Service Menu, we are currently working on vamping up our Naki's Lounge Appetizer menu so that we can offer a nicer selection of foods for our in-house guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

lq6273agm@laquinta.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
San Anselmo, CA
Reviewed 15 January 2014

After some lackluster stays at other San Jose business hotels, I decided to give La Quinta a try. While I generally wouldn't stay at a La Quinta, it's currently ranked #1 on Tripadvisor, and that was certainly worth the gamble on a one-night stay.

La Quinta doesn't make a tremendous first impression as you approach. It's sign from the highway exit shares space with the sign for the Burger King Drive-In, which is adjacent to the hotel. La Quinta is tucked up against Highway 101 in a commercial/industrial area and consists of two sizeable two story structures.

As I checked in, I got an idea about why La Quinta is so highly ranked. The two desk clerks were friendly, prompt and attentive. We talked about the hotel's #1 ranking, and they take a lot of pride in it. The lobby area is pristine and looks like it was recently renovated. It also featured a small bar and seating area where they serve breakfast. I inquired about buying a bottle of water and rather than having me do so, one of the clerks went into the back and brought back a small gift bag with a bottle of water, a bag of microwave popcorn and a snack bar. Talk about a great first impression!

My room was at the other end of the property on the second floor. The clerk gave me perfect directions as to how to find my room and where to park.

When I entered my room I was impressed - it also looked recently renovated. Everything looked new and worked perfectly. The room felt a bit drafty, but with a quick thermostat adjustment, warm air was soon circulating. The flat screen TV featured far more channels that I usually find at a hotel, although it was lacking pay-per-view options.

I noticed that my room picked up a lot of exterior (road) noise. I wasn't on the highway side, but it was noisy. I'd previously stayed at the Doubletree and, despite having a room there that was within spitting distance of Highway 101, I couldn't hear a thing. That was not the case at La Quinta.

Furthermore, I was woken up early the next morning not by my alarm but the alarm of the person in the room next to mine. I could hear their alarm music clearly, which was a surprise, as there wasn't any kind of passage between the two rooms.

I certainly felt fortunate that they were otherwise quiet neighbors, but soundproofing isn't a strength of this hotel, and my overall rating reflects that.

In addition, my sheets were quite scratchy, which undermined a bed that was otherwise quite comfortable. I would have also appreciated slightly larger bath towels - I'm a larger guy, and those kinds of things do matter to me!

Otherwise, the room was extremely well-appointed. Wi-Fi access was easy, and the speeds were acceptable. The room also featured a pod-based coffee maker, microwave, safe, and mini-fridge. Hot water and water pressure were excellent. The free breakfast featured bacon, eggs, pastries, bagels, cereal, and something I'd never seen before - a self-service waffle iron.

I was left with the impression that this is a hotel chain that really cares about differentiating itself from the competition. The staff is well trained and displayed a personal commitment to my happiness and comfort, which is something I don't always see.

Room Tip: Given issues I had with sound from adjoining room and outside, you should probably ask the front des...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BradleyX
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear BradleyX,

We truly appreciate such a in-depth and thorough review of our property and guest services. I am proud to say, that despite some issues with the noise, that your overall first impression was very good! We really do take pride in providing outstanding service to each and everyone of our guests.

I will be certain to let my staff know what an outstanding job they did for you. We would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know, in detail, about each moment of your experience. Thank you so much for your kind words, we look forward to your next visit to the La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport.

san jose, United States
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This this is the only place I prefer to stay. Always clean, friendly and safe. Reward program doesn't hurt as well. Breakfast is a bonus so you save on that, I can bring my small dog. My last stay was free. I love La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Belinda 2,

We appreciate you taking time to let us know about your recent visit to our property. I am glad that you received a clean, friendly and safe place to stay during you visit. And it sounds like with your Returns points, the trip was of little cost out of pocket. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to the San Jose area.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was in San Jose for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised with this hotel.

1. Clean
2. Great breakfast - sausages, scrambled eggs, coffee, a lot more
3. Rooms have nice furnishings and comfortable bed
4. Good customer service
5. Free 24 hr airport shuttle

This is how a hotel should be. This hotel is way better than Marriott or Hilton..

I suggest that all La Qunita Inn follow the standards that you established and I will definitely stay with your hotels. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear I D,

Thank you, you summed it up very nicely, we greatly appreciate your very kind words and are so happy to hear that you are satisfied with what we are providing here at the La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport. Thank you also for taking time out of your busy day to let us, as well as all the other guests, know about your experience. We look forward to your next business trip and hope that it is just as pleasant as your last visit!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The hotel is very clean. Front Desk Service was excellent. They have a full service bar w/a Happy Hour. The morning breakfast had a great selection of food. The hotel is close to downtown SJ & the SJ Flea Market. They even have a dog path in the front and side of the hotel w/a water faucet!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Timothy C,

Sounds like you and your family had a very pleasant stay with us, we are glad to hear that our Guest Service Agents were able to provide you with such excellent service. We are Pet Friendly and love when our guests bring their pets along! Glad that you took advantage of the special walking path that we had added in for you to enjoy. Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know about your recent stay, we look forward to your next family visit to the San Jose area.

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 8 January 2014

The rooms were clean and modern. The airport is very close, so you do hear aircraft during the day; however, the room was very quiet during the night. I would definitely stay here again since it is convenient, clean, and they have a nice breakfast and bar.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hillary W,

We are glad that with all the noise from the airlines you were able to get well rested! The city of San Jose has a sound ordinance in place that restricts airlines from landing and departing within the hours of 11PM and 6AM, this ensures that the city as well as you can get a good nights rest while being conveniently located near the San Jose Mineta International Airport. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience, we look forward to your next visit here at the La Quinta Inns & Suites - San Jose Airport.