“Convenient to the airport” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #13 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Parrish, Florida
“Convenient to the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently stayed here after arriving in San Jose and once again the night before we returned home. The hotel is close to the airport. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative was that the handicapped rooms were on the second floor. While my wife, who is disabled, was able to get to our room with some effort I found it odd that the handicapped rooms were away form the entrances and on the second floor. Having said that, we would stay there again when flying in and out of San Jose.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello Parrish,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent and being a loyal guest! I'm glad to hear you like our conveniently located hotel. I'm glad that my staff was friendly and helpful as our goal is to create a memorable stay.

I do I apologizes and unfortunately all our handicap rooms are on the second floor. I do have a handicap room in our first building which is close to the elevator that would fit your request. When you do decide to stay with us again please contact me or the hotel so we can pre-block your room.

Kristopher Mangonon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Belt, Montana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This was a really nice place to stay. Everything about it was excellent. Some people had said the area wasn't the best but I thought it was great. centrally located to almost everything. Breakfast buffet was good. Staff were very friendly. Would definitely stay again if in the area

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Trish,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay. We are very pleased to hear that you had an "Excellent" stay with us and enjoyed our location. Thank you for your comment on breakfast. Please stay tune as we will add addition healthier choices to our menu. I'll also share your comment with the team on how friendly they were. See you soon!

R
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Rooms were clean, walls paper thin.
Wifi was extremely bad which sucks if you plan on doing some work, luckily the table had a network cable so I can work on my laptop there but the tablet\phone had a very hard time accessing the internet.
The breakfast was ok, pretty basic but did the trick.
You hear all the takeoffs and landings from the SJ airport though it didn't bother my sleep.

Room Tip: There is no getting away from the airport noise, no matter what side of the hotel you stay
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Hello Nimrod R,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that your room was clean and will share your comment with my housekeeping staff. I'm sorry that our WIFI was"bad" but since then we had our IT tech come out during the week help troubleshoot any issue for our guest. I'm happy that you were still able to connect to the internet via our Ethernet cord. I plan on adding healthier choices for our breakfast so please stay tune. As for the take offs and landing the San Jose Airport has a no fly zone from 12am-6am. I hope to see you in the future.

san francisco, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stay primarily at La Quintas if they have at least a 3 1/2 star review and this Laquinta was excellent and we gave it a 4 1/2 star. Couldn't find a vending machine (sign wasn't accurate) and the hall carpet was some what dirty looking. Otherwise it was an perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and giving us a high rating on TripAdvisor. I'm sorry that our sign wasn't accurate and I will look into this. I have since talked to my Housekeeping Manager to shampoo the carpet and our staff to keep an eye out on it. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights over a business Trip . My Feedback

1.) 10 mins from SJ Airport.
2.) Rooms are rather small but Hygenic with good comfortable beds, towels are clean with OK toiletries
3.)Wifi is Good with excellent speeds, Lot of Channels on TV are always welcome.
4.) Price is on bit higher side . They provide No Complimentary Water bottles . Bottle fridge is on otherr side of the building 2 . You will have to walk over to building at reception. even to fetch a water bottle.
5.) Not every room has ipod dock as promised
6.) No Room Service as promised , House Keeping is disappointing. I stayed there for 5 nights yet essential toiletries were not replenished even after reminders .
7.) Breakfast is OK , manageable limited menu if you stay for 1-2 nights but for longer stay it becomes boring as no in house kitchen and no la carte service
8.) lobby is small but with a smaller dining area
9.) Fitness Centre is very small with a single tread in rather cramped setup ..

All and all it is not encouraging to stay here on revisit . Definitely better options available

• 2 of 5 bubbles
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Hello Nik007,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. I'm glad that that you enjoyed our pillow top bed, linen and though our WIFI was "Excellent". Hotel has recently upgraded our WIFI bandwidth. We provide 120 HD channel to our guest. I apologizes for our housekeeping service or lack of, there is certainly no excuse for that and I could imagine how frustrating that must have. I'm currently looking into a healthier choices for our breakfast. All Return guest receive a welcome bag that contains bottle water, healthy snack and popcorn. I could help assist you signing up for the rewards program or go online at LQ.com/Return so you could receive return points from your recent stay with us. Thanks again for sharing your experience and I hope you'd be willing to give us another opportunity to give you the experience you deserve.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Wow what a dump. This is SILICONE VALLEY and this place's wifi was so bad it was unuseable. It crawled at 1990's modem speeds and dropped constantly. I could not even pull my EMAILS much less anything else. The towels in my room were dirty. Not dirty like they weren't washed - dirty like they were so reused the stains were permanent on them. I don't like using a towel by a yellowish-brown stain on it. There was no power socket on the work desk in my room. I'm serious.

The redeeming qualities are that the staff is GREAT. Very friendly and helpful. The eggs at breakfast were delicious. There wasn't much else to eat though.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Olivier G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. It's is reviews like these that allow us to find opportunities for improvement. We are sorry to have disappointed you during your recent visit. I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly. You can contactt me at lq6273gm@laquinta.com