“Wonderful hotel and experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 June 2014

So being a fan of trip advisor I was checking this place out after my company booked me here for a business trip.
Here is my 100% honest review.

So the hotel is very close to the airport, can be good good and bad. There is nothing interesting close to the hotel except a Burger King and a gasstation.

FrontDesk was very nice and helpful.
Rooms are great! Good AC, great bed (slept like a baby) I expected to hear planes all the time, you don't, good cable and TV options.
The hotel lacks room service but they have close by establishment options and I tried one and was good.

Internet, wify needs an upgrade.
So I arrived a Thursday at 1pm, did a internet speed test on my ipad. Got these results.
Ping 15
Download 1.8 Mb/sec
Upload 350 k/sec

I was very happy. :)

At 9pm the results after the same test was awful and not okey for a people who travel and needs internet for work and to talk to family on FaceTime.

9pm results.
Ping 78
Download 115//kb
Upload 12/kb

NOT OK. :(

I went the hotel bar to have a beer and watch the NHL finals. The girls in the bar Cynthia and Mercedes were awesome. Super social, had the bar open beyond the original deadline and they made me laugh and share stories about life. They were true patriots of the establishment.

Also, being an avid reader of this site I must give credit to the GM of the hotel who reads and comments on most inputs at this site. To me that means you care and want I improve (better Wify!!!) Kristopher!

Big hug goes to the team from Swedish Guy living in Paris!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Nicklas Cece,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you like our location from the San Jose Airport. As you mention there is nothing walking distance from our hotel but on North 1st Street we do have variety of restaurant a quarter mile east from the hotel and one mile north we have the Rivermark plaza. My Guest Service Team would be happy to drop off and pick you up!!

I'm happy that you enjoyed our pillow top bed and are 120 HD channel from Direct TV 120. I know Cynthia and Mercedes will be exited to hear "Awesome" comment. I'll also share with all my staff members. I also can't Thank you so much for your kind words about me!

The hotel is going to change our Internet service provider in the next few days and we plan to double our bandwidth speed.

We hope you come back to the U.S. and hang out with us.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was by far the best hotel accommodation I have ever had in all my business travel experiences. The proximity to my business meeting site was just a 10 minute drive and the ease of getting to and from the airport from the hotel could not have been any easier. This is was 5 Star hotel at a very affordable price. I look forward to returning to the San Jose area again knowing there is such a great business-friendly hotel with a staff that truly understands and models the meaning of excellence in customer-service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christine A
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Hello Christine,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed everything from our proximity to your business meeting and to the San Jose Airport. We pride ourselves on delivering wonderful customer service. My staff will be thrilled to hear your comment. Thank you again and we look forward seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel to stay at when you have to rest over night between flights that arrive from Hawaii late in the evening. They serve a very nice full breakfast starting at 6 AM and the rooms are spacious and very nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you thought our hotel was very nice. Less then a year ago the hotel went under major renovation and won best renovation of the year 2013 from LaQuinta. I glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I'm planning to add more healthier choices in the near future. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here on the night of 18 May, with the park and fly option. Thought I made this type of reservation on line. Upon check in, they indicated there were problems. Though they did handle it to my satisfaction. Room was average. WIFI not so good, very slow. Towels on the the thin side. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Noise from the airport was not an issue. As others have noted, the breakfast is marginal. I ate at the airport. Only a quick 10 minute shuttle ride to the airport. For the return I had a 10:30 PM Friday night arrival. I asked about the return shuttle. They said to call when I arrived. I waited 30 minutes. All the other hotel shuttles came and went twice, and no La Quinta. The on duty clerk was untrained, and had no clue where the shuttle was. When he did show up, I had to load my luggage. Then he drove like a bat out of hell, I was uncomfortable with his speeding. Arrival back at the hotel, I spoke with the on duty desk clerk. He said he just started. Poorly trained by management. In the future I will find another hotel in the area that offers park and fly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Hello 3window,

I would like to thank you for selecting the La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport for your recent stay. We apologize for the lack of airport shuttle service you experienced. Please take note that it is not common for our airport shuttle to take that long. We appreciate your feed back as we utilize your comments as a training tool. I will be sharing your comments with the entire hotel staff in order to improve our airport shuttle service levels and insure that this does not happen again in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you next time you utilize our park and fly package. I'm glad that you enjoyed our clean hotel and our pillow top bed. I'm currently in the process on changing our service provider and upgrade are bandwidth. Please feel free to contact me directly as it will be my pleasure to assist you with your reservation.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We've decided that we'll always stay at this hotel when we travel out of the Bay Area. It's close to the airport, has a decent breakfast, and the staff is friendly. The only problem on this trip was the driver had a hard time shifting the shuttle on the way to the airport. At one point it seemed that we would be stalled beside the road and not get to the airport in time for our flight. Not a pleasant way to begin a trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Lakemissy,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We understand these take time and we appreciate yours. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and staff members. I've test drive our Suburban but haven't experience any "hard shifting" but will have our mechanic take a look at shuttle. Thank you and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My company has a corp rate here so I stay here while in the SJC area. The hotel is clean and quiet but you do need to travel to get to a good restaurant other than the McD's next door. There is finger food available at the internal lounge but don't expect much. Very important to me is they do have the "Golf Channel". As a traveling business person this is a must.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room without the possible connection between rooms. It seems that the person in t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello Swingbass,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor on your recent stay with us. I'm planning on adding more food items to our lounge menu so please stay tune. I'm glad to hear that the hotel had your favorite channel the"Golf Channel". I hope you were able to enjoy the other 120 DirecTV channel we provide for our guest. We can't wait to welcome you back and hope you have the time to play a round of golf the next time your in town.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very clean and an excellent value. We had a very early flight in the morning and the hotel is very close to The San Jose airport. They would have fixed us a bag breakfast since we were to early to stay for the hotel breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello Marie,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here and thanks so much for posting your review! I'm happy to hear that you found our location ideal and that you enjoyed our "breakfast to-bag". I encourage next time you stay with us you try our delicious hot breakfast! Hope to see you soon.