“Top Notch service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Top Notch service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is by far my best stay of all. The staff were very professional and accommodating. Will stay here again without a doubt. Location was ideal. Excellent breakfast. Although, my flight was scheduled to depart before breakfast was served. The staff provided me a to go breakfast without me asking. It was a balanced breakfast too. Wow! How's that for service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello and thank you for your recent review on your hotel experience. I am so happy to hear that your needs were met during your stay. While it is most unfortunate you were not able to take advantage of our full complimentary breakfast, it is good to hear the breakfast to go option worked for you. I will be sharing your comments with my staff as they make every effort to make sure each guest has an enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your time.

La Quinta Inn & Suites, San Jose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I traveled to this hotel with a friend. The lobby and room were really nice. The front desk staff was extremely friendly however housekeeping not so much. I think the only downfall to this property would be the location.

Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Nadia,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent hotel stay. It is good to hear you liked the accommodations we provided for you. While I am pleased to hear you found the Front Desk Agents friendly, I would like to apologize to you for the short comings of our Housekeeping Staff. We take customer service very seriously and I would greatly appreciate it if there was an opportunity for me to personally speak with you regarding your experience. If you are able to make time in your busy schedule, please feel free to call the hotel at (408)435-8800 and my staff will gladly route your call to me.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to have you with us again!

Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were so impressed with La Quinta, Monterey and La Quinta, San Jose. Both hotels were super clean, renovated, and quiet. The service was top of the line. We used the shuttle service at San Jose, as we had flown in late at night. We called ahead, and they were there waiting for us. They were also there in the morning when we had to leave. The La Quinta chain (at least from our experience) cares about their customers. They sent us emails asking if they could have done anything better--we didn't think they could. So, I give these two La Quintas an A for facility, location, and service PS...The beds were great (coming from a person who does not usually sleep)!

Room Tip: Perfect for late night travelers or early flights out of San Jose...great shuttle service!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jelis55
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Jelis55,

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel, the La Quinta, San Jose. We are elated that your needs were met from the time you arrived here in San Jose up to your departure. We are proud of our hotel and it is our goal to make sure each of our guests needs are exceeded while with us. It is great to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentrary shuttle to and from the airport and that you found our location to your liking. We also appreciate your feedback on our pillowtop matresses!

We look forward to your next stay and welcome you to contact us directly if we might be of assistance in booking a future reservation. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Longview, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent two nights here visiting relatives. The property is pretty new and surprisingly nice. Rooms are decorated in modern colors with sitting areas, refrigerators and microwaves. A so-so breakfast is included.

There is a nice pool area with a comfortable shaded area and plenty of lounge chairs. But it is in a direct flight path to and from the airport and the noise is pretty unbearable. Bring earplugs!

There is very little in the way of restaurants in the area. We were traveling around anyway so found some decent places to eat, but there's really nothing much close by except a Burger King across the parking lot.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have less airport noise than those on the second.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melindamccrady
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Melindamccrady,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you liked our recently renovated hotel. Our hotel won renovation of the year from La Quinta in 2013.

The hotel is planning to add healthier choices for breakfast so please stay tune. It's great to hear that you were able to hang out in the pool area. Next time please take the opportunity to use our BBQ grill . We provide complimentary plates, napkins and cups. Just bring the food!! We hope to see you soon.

Paris, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

So being a fan of trip advisor I was checking this place out after my company booked me here for a business trip.
Here is my 100% honest review.

So the hotel is very close to the airport, can be good good and bad. There is nothing interesting close to the hotel except a Burger King and a gasstation.

FrontDesk was very nice and helpful.
Rooms are great! Good AC, great bed (slept like a baby) I expected to hear planes all the time, you don't, good cable and TV options.
The hotel lacks room service but they have close by establishment options and I tried one and was good.

Internet, wify needs an upgrade.
So I arrived a Thursday at 1pm, did a internet speed test on my ipad. Got these results.
Ping 15
Download 1.8 Mb/sec
Upload 350 k/sec

I was very happy. :)

At 9pm the results after the same test was awful and not okey for a people who travel and needs internet for work and to talk to family on FaceTime.

9pm results.
Ping 78
Download 115//kb
Upload 12/kb

NOT OK. :(

I went the hotel bar to have a beer and watch the NHL finals. The girls in the bar Cynthia and Mercedes were awesome. Super social, had the bar open beyond the original deadline and they made me laugh and share stories about life. They were true patriots of the establishment.

Also, being an avid reader of this site I must give credit to the GM of the hotel who reads and comments on most inputs at this site. To me that means you care and want I improve (better Wify!!!) Kristopher!

Big hug goes to the team from Swedish Guy living in Paris!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hello Nicklas Cece,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you like our location from the San Jose Airport. As you mention there is nothing walking distance from our hotel but on North 1st Street we do have variety of restaurant a quarter mile east from the hotel and one mile north we have the Rivermark plaza. My Guest Service Team would be happy to drop off and pick you up!!

I'm happy that you enjoyed our pillow top bed and are 120 HD channel from Direct TV 120. I know Cynthia and Mercedes will be exited to hear "Awesome" comment. I'll also share with all my staff members. I also can't Thank you so much for your kind words about me!

The hotel is going to change our Internet service provider in the next few days and we plan to double our bandwidth speed.

We hope you come back to the U.S. and hang out with us.

Madison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was by far the best hotel accommodation I have ever had in all my business travel experiences. The proximity to my business meeting site was just a 10 minute drive and the ease of getting to and from the airport from the hotel could not have been any easier. This is was 5 Star hotel at a very affordable price. I look forward to returning to the San Jose area again knowing there is such a great business-friendly hotel with a staff that truly understands and models the meaning of excellence in customer-service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Christine A
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hello Christine,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are so pleased to see you enjoyed everything from our proximity to your business meeting and to the San Jose Airport. We pride ourselves on delivering wonderful customer service. My staff will be thrilled to hear your comment. Thank you again and we look forward seeing you again.

San Jose, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a very nice hotel to stay at when you have to rest over night between flights that arrive from Hawaii late in the evening. They serve a very nice full breakfast starting at 6 AM and the rooms are spacious and very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to hear that you thought our hotel was very nice. Less then a year ago the hotel went under major renovation and won best renovation of the year 2013 from LaQuinta. I glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. I'm planning to add more healthier choices in the near future. Hope to see you soon.