“Poor service and lack of Management”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minden, Nevada
“Poor service and lack of Management”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel before flying out on a family vacation. We booked thinking we had a "stay and park" rate for $129. After arriving they told us that we needed to pay another $80 to park. We showed them that it clearly said free parking on their homepage but they would not help us out. We attempted to cancel the room for the night to stay at a nearby hotel with free parking for the week for only $99 and they would not let us cancel. The hotel had no manager on property to address the situation and the front line staff would not help us.
After returning from our trip I contacted the hotel customer service representatives explaining our problems. A day later I received a form email from the General Manager asking for my number and that he would like more information about our experience but 10 days after I gave him my number I have not received a call.
This is my first negative response on Trip Advisor ever. Poor service, bad communication and lack for management. Stay away from this hotel it is clearly not being ran with the guest in mind!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank baxter73
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Hello Baxter73,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. To begin, I would like to begin by extending a sincere apology for your hotel experience and the poor level of service you received during your stay. There apparently was a complete misunderstanding with your reservation for our Stay and Park package, and I am sorry that the resolution was not to your liking. I am also surprised you were unable to cancel your reservation. While I understand that the staff was attempting to uphold the hotel's 24hr cancellation policy, customer satisfaction is expected to be paramount to us and that should have been considered in this case. As the new Front Office Manager at this property, I will be sharing your experience with my staff in our next meeting and will make sure should this type of situation arise again in the future, that it is handled property.

Should you like to further discuss your experience with me, please feel free to contact me via email at lq6273agm@laquinta.com or 408-435-8800 ext.306. Thank you again for your time and be well!

La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Wow really impressed with this property.. Great rooms.. Clean and updated decor. Unlike others frm this chain the bathroom was remodeled as well I even had bath and body works products. The only down fall was mini fridge would vibrate and the safe above it would make as well. Didn't bother me but my kids kept thinking someone as trying to get in room. It was an indoor type hotel but had 1 room on outside ..mine. A little odd but quiet. Mercedes at front desk was very nice. Ck in was quick. The bar area has a nice crowd at nite. I would return.

Stayed June 2014
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Hello Rmjg08,

Thank you for taking the time to fill the survey about your recent stay with us. It is wonderful to know that the hotel remodel left a good impression on you. I appreciate your feedback regarding the fridge and safe in your room. I apologize if this issue caused any inconveniences during your stay and I will personally work with our Engineer to try and dampen the vibrations of the fridge and safes in the guest rooms.

While we were unable to change the existing design of the hotel as far as room locations, I am glad to hear the room was still quiet for you and your family.

I will share your comments with Mercedes as I am sure she will appreciate being mentioned. We look forward to your next stay and please feel free to contact us directly if we may be of any assistance to you in the future.

Stockton, CA, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were impressed by the beautiful room and were very happy with the early breakfast. We had an early flight and signed up for the 630am shuttle to airport. The driver couldn't be found so the desk arranged for another service pick up at 7am which was a little stressful for us. Upon return, it took one hour and four phone calls to get picked up from airport which was very stressful for us because we still had a two hour drive home. No manager available and desk clerk explained that shuttle had to pick up local business customers which caused our delay. We watched the Doubletree van come by the pick up area three times and the Holiday Inn Express van came twice. We paid $200. for the park, sleep, fly package to reduce trip stress, not increase it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Norma L.,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay, especially those pertaining to our hotel shuttle. I am disappointed to hear that my staff was unavailable to efficiently provide the transfer to and from the airport. I assure you I will sharing your comments with my staff and will specifically review our shuttle program with them. Please feel free to contact me directly at 408-435-8800 ext. 306 if you would like to further discuss your hotel stay.

Thank you again for your time.

La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose Airport
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is by far my best stay of all. The staff were very professional and accommodating. Will stay here again without a doubt. Location was ideal. Excellent breakfast. Although, my flight was scheduled to depart before breakfast was served. The staff provided me a to go breakfast without me asking. It was a balanced breakfast too. Wow! How's that for service.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello and thank you for your recent review on your hotel experience. I am so happy to hear that your needs were met during your stay. While it is most unfortunate you were not able to take advantage of our full complimentary breakfast, it is good to hear the breakfast to go option worked for you. I will be sharing your comments with my staff as they make every effort to make sure each guest has an enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your time.

Long Beach, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I traveled to this hotel with a friend. The lobby and room were really nice. The front desk staff was extremely friendly however housekeeping not so much. I think the only downfall to this property would be the location.

Overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hello Nadia,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent hotel stay. It is good to hear you liked the accommodations we provided for you. While I am pleased to hear you found the Front Desk Agents friendly, I would like to apologize to you for the short comings of our Housekeeping Staff. We take customer service very seriously and I would greatly appreciate it if there was an opportunity for me to personally speak with you regarding your experience. If you are able to make time in your busy schedule, please feel free to call the hotel at (408)435-8800 and my staff will gladly route your call to me.

Thank you again for your time and we hope to have you with us again!

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were so impressed with La Quinta, Monterey and La Quinta, San Jose. Both hotels were super clean, renovated, and quiet. The service was top of the line. We used the shuttle service at San Jose, as we had flown in late at night. We called ahead, and they were there waiting for us. They were also there in the morning when we had to leave. The La Quinta chain (at least from our experience) cares about their customers. They sent us emails asking if they could have done anything better--we didn't think they could. So, I give these two La Quintas an A for facility, location, and service PS...The beds were great (coming from a person who does not usually sleep)!

Room Tip: Perfect for late night travelers or early flights out of San Jose...great shuttle service!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jelis55
Hello Jelis55,

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel, the La Quinta, San Jose. We are elated that your needs were met from the time you arrived here in San Jose up to your departure. We are proud of our hotel and it is our goal to make sure each of our guests needs are exceeded while with us. It is great to hear that you were able to utilize our complimentrary shuttle to and from the airport and that you found our location to your liking. We also appreciate your feedback on our pillowtop matresses!

We look forward to your next stay and welcome you to contact us directly if we might be of assistance in booking a future reservation. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

Longview, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent two nights here visiting relatives. The property is pretty new and surprisingly nice. Rooms are decorated in modern colors with sitting areas, refrigerators and microwaves. A so-so breakfast is included.

There is a nice pool area with a comfortable shaded area and plenty of lounge chairs. But it is in a direct flight path to and from the airport and the noise is pretty unbearable. Bring earplugs!

There is very little in the way of restaurants in the area. We were traveling around anyway so found some decent places to eat, but there's really nothing much close by except a Burger King across the parking lot.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have less airport noise than those on the second.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melindamccrady
LQSanJose, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Hello Melindamccrady,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad that you liked our recently renovated hotel. Our hotel won renovation of the year from La Quinta in 2013.

The hotel is planning to add healthier choices for breakfast so please stay tune. It's great to hear that you were able to hang out in the pool area. Next time please take the opportunity to use our BBQ grill . We provide complimentary plates, napkins and cups. Just bring the food!! We hope to see you soon.

Kristopher Mangonon