La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
US$304
US$269
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$181
US$481
US$458
  • Breakfast included
Staybridge Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
US$256
HIExpress.com
US$398
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsburger kinghear planessan jose airportfree breakfastshuttle serviceyogurtgas stationhot breakfastparking lotlate at nightan early flightcoffee makergreat place to stayfree shuttlepark and flyshort driveconvenient location
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stay at LQs a lot as we do travel with our pet from time to time and take a lot of cross country trips. The LQ in San Jose was particularly good in that the room was appointed very nice and had some nice little extras like a safe, k-cup coffee maker, and an adjustable AC which was not the case at a few of the LQs we stayed at subsequently to our stay at the LQ in San Jose. Would definitely stay again with or without our pet. One other important thing is that it is the Airport LQ and the sound proofing was so good in the room we never heard any of the planes from the airport. Very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Hello MrGman2,

Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay. I am so glad that you found the remodeling and upgraded amenities, such as the Keurig Coffee Makers, to your liking. Here at the La Quinta, San Jose Airport we strive to be more than just pet friendly and enjoy interacting with our 4 legged furry guests. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit.

La Quinta, San Jose Airport

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights but I don't think I would stay here again.
Pros:
Very dog friendly and a nice dog walking path.
Clean room (could have been vacuumed/swept in corners better)
Updated modern rooms.
Close to freeway.

Cons:
Hot items at breakfast were subpar (super runny eggs and rubber sausage).
The floor plan of the room allows no place that can't be seen by the whole room except for in the toilet room.
The sinks are a cool design but not properly placed because they splash and spill water all over the floor just being turned on. They also splash to the backside of the sink where you can see mold/mildew starting to grow from constant wet.
We got put in an outside room,
I assume for easier access with the dog. Problem is that it was right next to the entrance door to gets into hallway, so all night we were awakened to the card reader buzz to unlock the door and then the clang of opening and shutting the door. And of course people coming in and out like to talk and laugh at all hours. Then first thing in the am, the planes start flying right over. I realize its an airport hotel but I think the outside rooms are affected by the noise more so than an inside room. Alas no sleep for me. First thing in the morning I went to ask for a new room.
I was told they should be able to rearrange the room assignments, to pack our stuff and they would move it as we were going to be out all day. Mid afternoon I hadn't heard from them and called to find out what was happening. They had no notes about a request to change and it was too late and no other rooms were available. I was very upset. I just wanted to sleep. I really don't think anyone should be staying in those outside rooms or they should be noise proofed or something. Unfortunately other hotels had no availability and we had to stay in the room again. Same exact experience with noise the second night. Third night we got changed finally to a inside smaller room. It was annoying to have to pack each day we were there. I just really don't feel like this was handled properly.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jenn716
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Hello Jenn716,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We consciously make an effort to exceed the expectations of every guest, every time and it appears we fell short of this goal during your stay. I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If you might find the time in your schedule, I would like an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay either via email at lq6273agm@laquinta.com or by phone at 408-435-8800, ext.306.

Again, thank you for your time and be well.

Christopher Hiil

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Beautiful clean room and bathroom. Free breakfast was great! Free parking and reasonable price compared to other hotels around! Bed was super comfortable. Room had microwave and fridge. La Quinta will always be a hotel I will look into from now on.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachgurl52
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello Beachgurl52,

Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay at the La Quinta Inn and Spa, San Jose Airport, your business is most important to us. I am happy to hear you found our accommodations to your liking and our prices were reasonable. If you are interested in the La Quinta Rewards Program "Returns", I will be happy to assist you in signing up. You will have the opportunity to earn points that translate into free nights, etc. upon becoming a member. We hope to see you again in the near future. Be well!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Overall everything about this hotel was very pleasant. It was clean, and comfortable. The only problem is the flight pattern of the San Jose airport. Air traffic until about 10pm and starting back up around 6am. The staff was very professional, checking in and out was super easy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hello Dorett G.,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose Airport. While I am happy to hear that you found our hotel pleasant, clean and comfortable, I would like to apologize for the noise from our close proximity to the airport being a problem to you during your stay. We are constantly searching for ways to alleviate this issue from impacting our hotel guests.

We hope to hear from you again and would love to have you as our guest in the near future. If I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I, having wanted to visit San Jose for quite some time, chose this location because we had three free nights available to us through the LQ Returns program, and we paid for a fourth night. Oddly, the LQ computer system does not allow one to combine paid and free stays, so we had to make two separate reservations, but this is not the hotel’s fault. They did, however, quickly let us check out and then back in without actually having to pack up, so the computer thought we had left and come back in.

Anyway, as for the hotel itself, it is one of my favorite locations, and I’ve seen quite a few LQ’s over the last few years. Wonderful location close to downtown and just a couple blocks from the Component light rail station. Easy access off US-101. Almost walking distance to the train, if you don’t mind being along a busy street. If you choose to drive, it’s a two-minute drive to the station. The one negative is the constant airplane noise, as the hotel is right off the end of 12R/30L, which appears to be the main runway used by the airliners. Again, though, this is not the hotel’s fault.

The facility is well above average in terms of quality of maintenance and overall decor. It appears to have been renovated quite recently in a technology motif--not surprising at all given the area it is in. I expect it hosts a lot of guest workers working at nearby Silicon Valley firms. I like that it had a bar on site. They say they offer room service, but when we asked about it, the bartender balked. We didn’t use the pool, but we did check out the area--very nice. We were surprised at the lack of hot though--we like to use those. Perhaps future expansion plans will add one? The adjacent gym is adequate for basic workouts. I like to go for walks in the morning--not much around the area except for light industrial, but at least there is a treadmill on site.

Breakfast? Basic LQ fare, nothing fancy, but at least they have a full layout rather than just bagels and cereal. We like our protein in the morning.

The complex itself is huge, consisting of two (possibly three?) buildings, the longest of which is, well, really long. We had a room at the end of a little cul-de-sac right above one of the staircases. There was no problem with noise from within the building. The building is immaculate and looks like it just opened yesterday! The parking lot is very large and we never had a problem finding a spot somewhat close to, if not right under, our second-floor room.

The room itself is thoughtfully laid out, with a sink separate from the bathroom, a microwave, a refrigerator, and safe. No bathtub, though. We love to soak, so the lack of either a hot tub or bathtub was a bit of a sacrifice, but for four days we managed. I am told other rooms have one, but by the time we discovered ours was missing we had already settled in so we decided the wonderful showerhead--several steps above standard hotel showerheads and even better than ours at home--would make up for it. Plus, in the summertime it’s a bit less important to have a tub.

There are several menus for dining options in the room, but we didn’t try any of the nearby restaurants. I do, however, recommend Flames on First Street downtown. They don’t have a menu for Flames in the room, but trust me--worth a visit. Also, There is a Safeway with every food option imaginable--and wonderful takeout--just a couple miles north.

Overall, this was a great stay for us. We explored the Winchester Mystery House and the Egyptian Museum, both only 15 minutes away, and the city of Santa Cruz, less than an hour away. Please note, however, that CA-87 and I-880 cross, but don’t connect. (Can’t tell you how I figured this out! :-) ) The only negative is the airplane noise, but earplugs take care of that problem. Besides, the hotel doesn’t control air traffic. :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jumbach
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hello Jumbach,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review, and for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Jose. I am pleased to hear you not only enjoyed our hotel but were able to venture out and explore the Winchester Mystery House and my favorite, The Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum. I pray that you found time to visit the wonderful garden they have on the grounds.

I truly enjoyed reading through your comments and the excellent description you provided of our hotel and surrounding area. It gives me great pleasure to know that we surpassed your expectations, and that you had a comfortable stay with us. I will be certain to pass on your comments to our whole team and management to let them know you found our modern renovation to your liking. Perhaps we will look into adding a hot tub and have that available for your next stay. Thank you again for your review and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you in the future.

La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose