“This is the place to stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rio Vista, United States
“This is the place to stay”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This recently renovated hotel is a great place to stay. Our room was clean as a whistle and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the van service to the airport was a real plus. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My husband uses a mobility scooter and the van drivers were able to load the scooter and our luggage for us..a real plus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Ron Pauline C
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello Ron and Pauline C.,

We recently received your review of your recent stay with us and I would like to thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our recent remodeled hotel as well as the customer service our staff provides. I will definitely be sharing your comments with my staff in our meeting next week!

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I am happy our driver was able to assist you and you and your husband. We hope to you have you with us in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you. Be well!

La Quinta, San Jose Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A very clean and friendly hotel with decent access to tech companies in the area. Downside is immediate restaurant access. A decent Asian restaurant across the street, and a Burger King sharing the same parking lot. You can order in room. The bar menu is limited. The recently refurbished rooms are outstanding, and the bar is friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ_SJ_GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello JohnP1232013,

Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay with us, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found our newly remodeled hotel to your liking as well as the service at Naki's, our bar. While we do offer only a limited menu at Naki's, I hope you were able to partake in our complimentary full breakfast each morning.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Hatboro
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night at La Quinta on a stopover to the Big Island, Hawaii. The accommodations were updated and more than adequate. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet, and the breakfast buffet had more options than a standard continental breakfast. We had no problems finding the hotel, it was within a mile or so of the airport. The shuttle service was prompt and the drivers friendly. The woman at the desk was very helpful in printing our boarding pass. If we visit the San Jose area in the future we will definitely be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LQSanJose, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello FuninthesonHatboro,

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay, it is greatly appreciated. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed our close location to the San Jose Airport and our newly remodeled facility with all the amenities you need and more.

As you mentioned, our pillow top beds have been a huge hit with our hotel guests and I am so pleased you found them comfortable. I am also happy to hear you were able to partake in our complimentary full breakfast and that the assortment of items were to your liking. I will gladly pass along your comments to my front desk staff and shuttle drivers as I love to congratulate them anytime for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Portland, OR
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Let's get the noise out of the way - you are at the end of the runway, and you'll hear the planes when taking off quite well. (I could start to tell the difference between propeller and jet by 2nd night) Fortunately, San Jose does have a noise ordinance preventing take offs between 11pm and 6:30am. In reality, I rarely heard planes after 10pm. That's why I consider this fine for the business traveler - we aren't trying to sleep in, we're up and out the door.

With that in mind - comfortable rooms, recently redone and it shows. Beds are firm-plush, supportive yet not hard. Lots of new pillows. Big flat-screen TVs, decent closet space, and a nice shower (no bath tub). Worst towels ever - cheap and rough.

Breakfast was just OK - same items showing up each day. You'll break down and get food from Burger King next door at some point. Bar staff at night very friendly and accomodating, good prices on happy hour drinks.

The reason for only 4 stars - lazy housekeeping. The room was cleaned each day, but coffee maker wasn't always cleaned, they never replaced my tissue box after I used it up, and the number of hand towels and washcloths varied each day. Not a terrible item, but annoying after a week.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the halls - doors slamming were loud and echoed when in the middle
Green Features: I tried to reuse towels, but they were always swapped out. Don't know about the linen changes or not.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Physicsmom04,

Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn and Spa, San Jose Airport for your recent hotel needs during your visit to San Jose, your business is most important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went and also for your honesty. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you noted and I assure you I will be sharing your comments with the respective manager of that department since feedback such as yours can be a great training tool.

I also would like to extend an apology for the breakfast items we offered during your stay. While we do make an attempt to offer at least one different item each day, we also make an effort to provide a pretty large assortment of items for our guests, from fresh fruit and yogurt to self-made waffles and a number of different cereal options. We will review the items we currently offer and see if we might find other additional options. With that being said, I appreciate your comments about the lounge staff and will share your comments with them as well.

We hope to have you with us again and if I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Canyon Lake, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The entire hotel has been remodeled. The attention to detail is impressive. The staff was very polite and competent. Everything is clean and new. The rooms have a charging station for iPod/iPhone types of devices. They also provide a convenient HDMI connection to the HD flat screen TV.

Hello Greg S.,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your hotel stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you found our recent renovation and new amenities useful and convenient. We consciously made an effort to provide our guests with the best in terms of interactive technologies that the business traveler and leisure guest will find useful. We hope to have you with us again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you.

Surprise, AZ
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stay at LQs a lot as we do travel with our pet from time to time and take a lot of cross country trips. The LQ in San Jose was particularly good in that the room was appointed very nice and had some nice little extras like a safe, k-cup coffee maker, and an adjustable AC which was not the case at a few of the LQs we stayed at subsequently to our stay at the LQ in San Jose. Would definitely stay again with or without our pet. One other important thing is that it is the Airport LQ and the sound proofing was so good in the room we never heard any of the planes from the airport. Very happy with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello MrGman2,

Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay. I am so glad that you found the remodeling and upgraded amenities, such as the Keurig Coffee Makers, to your liking. Here at the La Quinta, San Jose Airport we strive to be more than just pet friendly and enjoy interacting with our 4 legged furry guests. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to your next visit.

La Quinta, San Jose Airport
Moorpark, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights but I don't think I would stay here again.
Pros:
Very dog friendly and a nice dog walking path.
Clean room (could have been vacuumed/swept in corners better)
Updated modern rooms.
Close to freeway.

Cons:
Hot items at breakfast were subpar (super runny eggs and rubber sausage).
The floor plan of the room allows no place that can't be seen by the whole room except for in the toilet room.
The sinks are a cool design but not properly placed because they splash and spill water all over the floor just being turned on. They also splash to the backside of the sink where you can see mold/mildew starting to grow from constant wet.
We got put in an outside room,
I assume for easier access with the dog. Problem is that it was right next to the entrance door to gets into hallway, so all night we were awakened to the card reader buzz to unlock the door and then the clang of opening and shutting the door. And of course people coming in and out like to talk and laugh at all hours. Then first thing in the am, the planes start flying right over. I realize its an airport hotel but I think the outside rooms are affected by the noise more so than an inside room. Alas no sleep for me. First thing in the morning I went to ask for a new room.
I was told they should be able to rearrange the room assignments, to pack our stuff and they would move it as we were going to be out all day. Mid afternoon I hadn't heard from them and called to find out what was happening. They had no notes about a request to change and it was too late and no other rooms were available. I was very upset. I just wanted to sleep. I really don't think anyone should be staying in those outside rooms or they should be noise proofed or something. Unfortunately other hotels had no availability and we had to stay in the room again. Same exact experience with noise the second night. Third night we got changed finally to a inside smaller room. It was annoying to have to pack each day we were there. I just really don't feel like this was handled properly.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jenn716
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Hello Jenn716,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We consciously make an effort to exceed the expectations of every guest, every time and it appears we fell short of this goal during your stay. I would like to extend my sincerest apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If you might find the time in your schedule, I would like an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay either via email at lq6273agm@laquinta.com or by phone at 408-435-8800, ext.306.

Again, thank you for your time and be well.

Christopher Hiil