“Very nice hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Martinez, Georgia
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was a great hotel. Very close to the airport. Airport shuttle was very convenient. Rooms were very comfortable and decor was great. Rooms were very clean!! Very friendly staff. Breakfast was good. Nice bar and bar staff! Close to airport so you can expect to hear the jets flying over, but really did not bother us at all. Since this is a hotel/motel, would suggest requesting a room on the "inside". We actually reserved a room for 2 separate stays only 3 days apart; the first stay, we were given an "outside" room, and the second stay, we had an "inside" room. Both rooms were exceptional as far as decor and cleanliness. However, we prefer the "feel" of an inside room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hello Cruiserat,

Thank you for the recent review of your hotel stay! I am pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found not only the customer service of the staff, but the rooms themselves to your liking.

We would love to have you return as our guest and if I may be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact.

La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
West Sacramento
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The hotel has been renovated and the rooms were very attractive and clean. Sleep quality was excellent except for the occasional aircraft noise from the airport. Staff was very nice and the breakfast was very good for a free hotel breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Hello SueD-M502,

Thank you for your recent review. I am happy to hear that you found our remodeled and modern hotel both affordable and to your liking. Our staff strives to provide top notch service and I am glad you also found this to your liking. We are honored that you would recommend us to your friends - and we will hold you to that : ) Just Kidding!

We hope to have you back with us in the near future!

La Quinta, San Jose Airport
Rio Vista, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This recently renovated hotel is a great place to stay. Our room was clean as a whistle and very comfortable. The breakfast was great and the van service to the airport was a real plus. The staff was friendly and accommodating. My husband uses a mobility scooter and the van drivers were able to load the scooter and our luggage for us..a real plus!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Ron Pauline C
Hello Ron and Pauline C.,

We recently received your review of your recent stay with us and I would like to thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our recent remodeled hotel as well as the customer service our staff provides. I will definitely be sharing your comments with my staff in our meeting next week!

It was our pleasure to have you with us and I am happy our driver was able to assist you and you and your husband. We hope to you have you with us in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you. Be well!

La Quinta, San Jose Airport
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A very clean and friendly hotel with decent access to tech companies in the area. Downside is immediate restaurant access. A decent Asian restaurant across the street, and a Burger King sharing the same parking lot. You can order in room. The bar menu is limited. The recently refurbished rooms are outstanding, and the bar is friendly.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LQ_SJ_GM, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hello JohnP1232013,

Thank you for your recent review of your hotel stay with us, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to hear that you found our newly remodeled hotel to your liking as well as the service at Naki's, our bar. While we do offer only a limited menu at Naki's, I hope you were able to partake in our complimentary full breakfast each morning.

Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Hatboro
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night at La Quinta on a stopover to the Big Island, Hawaii. The accommodations were updated and more than adequate. The bed was comfortable, the room quiet, and the breakfast buffet had more options than a standard continental breakfast. We had no problems finding the hotel, it was within a mile or so of the airport. The shuttle service was prompt and the drivers friendly. The woman at the desk was very helpful in printing our boarding pass. If we visit the San Jose area in the future we will definitely be staying at this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
LQSanJose, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hello FuninthesonHatboro,

Aloha and thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay, it is greatly appreciated. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed our close location to the San Jose Airport and our newly remodeled facility with all the amenities you need and more.

As you mentioned, our pillow top beds have been a huge hit with our hotel guests and I am so pleased you found them comfortable. I am also happy to hear you were able to partake in our complimentary full breakfast and that the assortment of items were to your liking. I will gladly pass along your comments to my front desk staff and shuttle drivers as I love to congratulate them anytime for a job well done. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Portland, OR
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Let's get the noise out of the way - you are at the end of the runway, and you'll hear the planes when taking off quite well. (I could start to tell the difference between propeller and jet by 2nd night) Fortunately, San Jose does have a noise ordinance preventing take offs between 11pm and 6:30am. In reality, I rarely heard planes after 10pm. That's why I consider this fine for the business traveler - we aren't trying to sleep in, we're up and out the door.

With that in mind - comfortable rooms, recently redone and it shows. Beds are firm-plush, supportive yet not hard. Lots of new pillows. Big flat-screen TVs, decent closet space, and a nice shower (no bath tub). Worst towels ever - cheap and rough.

Breakfast was just OK - same items showing up each day. You'll break down and get food from Burger King next door at some point. Bar staff at night very friendly and accomodating, good prices on happy hour drinks.

The reason for only 4 stars - lazy housekeeping. The room was cleaned each day, but coffee maker wasn't always cleaned, they never replaced my tissue box after I used it up, and the number of hand towels and washcloths varied each day. Not a terrible item, but annoying after a week.

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of the halls - doors slamming were loud and echoed when in the middle
Green Features: I tried to reuse towels, but they were always swapped out. Don't know about the linen changes or not.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello Physicsmom04,

Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn and Spa, San Jose Airport for your recent hotel needs during your visit to San Jose, your business is most important to us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay went and also for your honesty. I would like to apologize for the housekeeping issues you noted and I assure you I will be sharing your comments with the respective manager of that department since feedback such as yours can be a great training tool.

I also would like to extend an apology for the breakfast items we offered during your stay. While we do make an attempt to offer at least one different item each day, we also make an effort to provide a pretty large assortment of items for our guests, from fresh fruit and yogurt to self-made waffles and a number of different cereal options. We will review the items we currently offer and see if we might find other additional options. With that being said, I appreciate your comments about the lounge staff and will share your comments with them as well.

We hope to have you with us again and if I may be of any assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Canyon Lake, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The entire hotel has been remodeled. The attention to detail is impressive. The staff was very polite and competent. Everything is clean and new. The rooms have a charging station for iPod/iPhone types of devices. They also provide a convenient HDMI connection to the HD flat screen TV.

Hello Greg S.,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your hotel stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am glad to hear that you found our recent renovation and new amenities useful and convenient. We consciously made an effort to provide our guests with the best in terms of interactive technologies that the business traveler and leisure guest will find useful. We hope to have you with us again in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you.