“Welcome Back La Quinta”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This is not your normal La Quinta.
This hotel is like a boutique hotel.The rooms are smaller but redesigned like a fancy boutique hotel.

Pros
Beautiful room
Cool bathroom sink
Free breakfast
Free parking
Lots of lighting in room
Very nice people at check-in

Cons
The doors for entry of hotel rooms are difficult to keep closed...twice as I came back to hotel three for was left open...worried about security
The room for breakfast was warm each morning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank swalkerd
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Hello Swalkerd,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am so happy that you our hotel to your liking with the customer service, additional amenities and intricacies we included in our remodel. We do our best to ensure each guests needs are met and I appreciate the way you listed your pros and cons, it is very helpful. I will be starting a project with my chief engineer to check and ensure that the hotel doors leading into the buildings all close properly. We will also be addressing the temperature in the lounge during breakfast..

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I arrived late (after 1am) after a variety of travel problems to discover that the hotel no longer had a room for me - a computer error, apparently - and that I had to go to another hotel. The staff member on the desk found me a room and gave me directions, and promised me a room for the other two nights that I had booked.

Despite this inauspicious start, the staff were very helpful when I turned up the next day, found me a room this time, and promised me a free drink. As the hotel I'd stayed in for the first night was more expensive than the San Jose Airport rate, they also promised to consider reducing my bill. When I came to check out, they had removed all the room charges, which I was very impressed by. Top marks to the staff for dealing with a difficult situation sensitively.

The hotel is basic, but clean, and I slept well. The parking was always busy, but I managed to find somewhere on each occasion. There's a bar and swimming pool, though I didn't try either. The hotel is very easy to get to from the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MikeCamel
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Hello MikeCamel,

Thank you for taking the time to review your hotel stay with us. While I am happy that we were able to satisfactorily compensate you for the inconvenience you encountered that first night, I would still like to extend my sincerest apology to you. That unfortunate circumstance obviously was not the first impression we were hoping for, but never the less, I am grateful you gave us an opportunity to improve that impression during the remainder of your stay.

I thank you for being understanding and appreciate your positive remarks regarding our hotel staff. If I can ever be of service to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Inn was pretty, the room colors were nice, and the staff was pleasant but the bed was hard and the pillows were not great. The biggest draw back was the noisy neighbors and the shutters (not curtains) that did not darken the room from the outside lights. The price was high for the quality of sleep. I personally do not mind the aircraft noise, but it was not a restful night.

The WiFi was provided by an outside vendor, and the terms, whether invasive or not, of the vendor's privacy and other policies were not available to read until after one agreed to those terms.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello ColberGD,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sincerely sorry that you were unsatisfied with the accommodations we provided and I would like to apologize for the noise you encountered during your stay due to our close proximity to the airport. We recently remodeled our hotel and made every effort to provide our guests with comfortable pillow top beds and a media center complete with complimentary high speed Wi-Fi access. The airport noise, however, we were unable to completely eliminate it due to our location.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance to you in the future. Be well!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my first experience staying at budget hotel in US. Hard to say that is a budget hotel, it has clean and well maintain room and bathroom, very comfortable beds; pantry appliances like microwave, Keurig coffee machine, sink is also provided. Spacious free parking lots provided. Very near to airport and freeway. Some restaurants around the corner..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hello Michael S.,

Greetings from Sunny San Jose, California! Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our hotel. I am honored that you chose our hotel for your first experience of a budget hotel here in the US.

We've fitted our newly renovated hotel with the newest amenities such as the Keurig coffee maker, Direct TV and media center attached to our LG flatscreen TV. I'm glad to hear you were able to make use of those amenities and I hope you didn't miss out on our daily complimentary full breakfast.

Thank you again for the review and wish you well there in Indonesia! Be well!

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The room looked recently renovated with comfy beds. Breakfast was included and had eggs, bacon and waffles as well as bagels etc. It is situated at the end of a runway but as we had the aircon on all night it must have masked the sound of planes taking off as we all slept well. There is a pool but it too overlooks the runway so we didn't try it. Overall we would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: August 2014

Hello Picklemummy,

Thank you for your review of your recent hotel stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our plush, pillowtop beds and the full complimentary breakfast we offer daily. I am also pleased to hear that our close proximity to the airport did not affect your sleep during your stay.

I am most appreciative that you would recommend our hotel and we look forward to your next stay. Be well!

A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Manager is service-oriented, patient, and accessible all of the time. The only negative was the price per day based on occupancy and having a handicapped accessible room when not necessary. Sadly, it is because all of the features that are accessible to the handicapped guest become inconvenient for the non-handicapped guests. Features like ramped tubs, detachable showers, and three-foot high closet rods.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Clean...good water pressure. Beds comfortable... TV is DirecTV..all good.

LG interface very quick.

Wifi ample with good coverage and easy sign on.

2nd floor window does not lock.

Free breakfast very limited....no restaurants near hotel
Airport noise can be bothersome.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
LQSanJose, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hello Harper5633020,

Thank you for choosing the La Quinta Inn and Suites, San Jose Airport for your recent stay in our beautiful city, your business is most important to us. As a business traveler, I am happy to hear you were able to utilize our in room media center that connects to the LG Flatscreen TV and our other hotel amenities such as the Direct TV, hi speed Wi-Fi and pillow top mattresses.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the deficiencies you found during your stay as it gives us an opportunity to steadily improve our product and service. I will get together with my Engineer and check to ensure that all rooms, even those on the second floor, are complete with a window lock. Thank you again for your comments. Be well!